cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trucker jobs apps

bigmike20vt
Visionary
there is a HL2 thread already in the games section, but to answer your question.

yes, my HL2 always starts in VR mode....

I run steam VR and in my list of games it lists HL2 VR enabled, no messing or faffing.

it works a treat 🙂

sorry i have not given specifics but i cant remember!

you have to add -oculus on the commandline I think

but i cant remember. am sure others will give better help, but it can certainly work automatically.
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂
3 REPLIES 3

TallWarrior
Honored Guest
I can't make it to work.

If run Rift as my main display, and then run the game, all I hear is sound and I see credits, otherwise it's a blacks screen.

Cannot launch SteamVR too. It worked the first time, but now as I run it I get redirected to https://developer.oculus.com/?action=dl for some reason..

Wireline
Explorer
Hi there

Have you applied the startup modifiers (there's a box you need to fill in in properties for the game, you add something like -vr to it, this may be the wrong phrase) and downloaded the beta updates? You need to have installed the Steam VR beta drivers AND the beta version of HL2 (opt in via the properties menu for the game).

Once all thats in, you can put steam into VR mode and start HL2. If HL2 doesn;t start in VR, you may need to enable it via the in-game options. I forget which menu its hidden under!

Apologies if you already tried all that, if it doesn't help then I am a bit stumped 😞

Gamedise
Honored Guest
I got my DK2 working on my notebook with switchable graphics (6770M 2GB) and with the help of a step-by-step I got Steam VR and Half-Life 2 working perfectly.

Follow these steps: http://www.roadtovr.com/how-to-enable-oculus-rift-dk2-half-life-2-steamvr-steam-big-picture-virtual-...

If you get a black screen in the menu or game, set the DK2 as primary monitor.

Believe me. This game experience is unbelievable 😄