Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vorpX 0,7.1 with initial DK2 support now available

SliderOverride
Explorer
59 REPLIES 59

billehedits
Honored Guest
So I'm a little confused, I now own a DK2 and my Vorpx version isn't telling me there's any update or anything, but it refuses to recognize my DK2 like it did with my DK1. Is there some update I need to download?

Bloodlet
Rising Star
"billehedits" wrote:
So I'm a little confused, I now own a DK2 and my Vorpx version isn't telling me there's any update or anything, but it refuses to recognize my DK2 like it did with my DK1. Is there some update I need to download?

This was posted on road to vr:

Note For Existing Customers

If vorpX does not download the update when starting vorpX Control, it has to be updated manually. This can be done very easily by executing the web installer that was downloaded when vorpX was purchased. It will fetch the latest version that is available on the server.

So far I've had rotational tracking working in:
COD Ghost - looked good and played smoothly
Sleeping dogs - lagged badly and was zoomed in way too close, have not spent anytime on settings yet though.

Warframe - This was surprisingly effective, looked excellent and played well. I did feel a little queasy after one mission though but no where near as bad as hl2. Considering this can be a really fast paced game with some crazy ninja moves it worked well in the rift. I'll try tweaking it a bit more in the future.

No tracking at all:
Dirt 3. disappointing but still looked great once zoomed out to a comfortable position.

Full pos tracking:
skyrim...which is where my game testing ended as I got totally immersed and went looking for a dragon.............still looking..damn it looks amazing 🙂

RirtualVeality
Adventurer
SECOND IMPRESSIONS:

-Wow. I got Outlast to work perfectly. Field of view WAS the issue and is fixed easily by going to My Documents\My Games\Outlast\OLGame\Config. Open up OLGame.ini and scroll down until you see this:

DefaultFOV=90
RunningFOV=100

Set DefaultFOV to 110 and Running FOV to 120 and bam.....it looks perfect. I played the Whistleblower and DLC and got the SHIT SCARED OUT OF ME...it is truly horror NIRVANA for horror game fans and worth the price of vorpX ALONE. Some things to note, "Geometry mode" has shadow issues. "3D Adaptive" is the FAR better choice. Not only do you get the frame rate jump, you also get perfect shadows. Also, when you look into your handicam in game the FOV goes BACK to 90...it's kind of annoying (seeing as you use that camera in the dark during some crazy chase sequences)...perhaps someone can find out how we change the FOV of this?

-Payday 2 looks better when you increase the FOV slider as far as it'll go in the advanced graphics options. That said, Payday 2 is pretty hardcore and I still don't think we're "there" yet with regards to fast paced shooters in virtual reality.

..so yeah, vorpX is looking a lot better to me. Just know that if you buy it you WILL have to tweak setting until it looks good to you. That's a small price to pay to play something as immersive as Outlast in VR.

GodzillaMustDie
Honored Guest
Just tried Skyrim. It does look very good. No judder for me. No CA. Just looks right. Head and shoulders above even Elite Dangerous. You can tell its 2d images in a 3d space but still very impressive looking. Good job there. But menus and controls are all over the place. 360 controls didn't work properly for me. Keyboard controls worked for the most part but hard to see under Rift. Menus were at times not useable due to resolution and head tracking not functioning when menus were on screen. Even zooming the camera all the way out some menus were not visible most notably the ones needed to start the game and access inventory items. There may be other ways to manipulate the menus but I haven't found them yet. Movement in game was a bit odd. Movement speed was at times way too slow and at other times a bit too fast.

While all of these things can be fixed in time and when they are this will be a really great app as of right now this is nice to explore a little bit in but not something I would want to spend a lot of time in. But that's not what is most important to take away from this. This was all done with a game that was designed in 2d. When we get games with that level of visual clarity designed for 3d it is going to be a game changer(pun intended). So while this is a really good way to glimpse the future lets not forget what this is and how it was done. Hats off to Ralf. Amazing job but now I really want the real thing.

Phoenix90
Explorer
"shannonb1" wrote:
Everyone bitching annoys me. Go play it with your other options if you're not happy. It will get more updates. Ralf just got a dk2...chill the fk out and be greatful.

why should we be grateful if the product we paid 40 usd for is so defective that we can barely use it and even when it's successful it's still a bad experience?

metulski
Honored Guest
VorpX 0.7.1 does not work on my computer. When I try to open the Config Tool i get only a black window. Any recommendations?

Hadwell
Honored Guest
I just bought vorpX, works great in skyrim, enjoy playing metro last light with it, mirrors edge is not too fun to play, get disoriented, jumping is hardcore, feels like i'm in an airplane thats constanly hitting turbulence and losing 100 feet and then instantly regaining it...

ralfal
Honored Guest
"metulski" wrote:
VorpX 0.7.1 does not work on my computer. When I try to open the Config Tool i get only a black window. Any recommendations?

Sorry to hear that. Maybe your DotNet 3.5 installation is corrupt, Please try to reinstall/repair it. If I'm not mistaken Microsoft has an repair tool for DotNet on their website.

Also please reboot your PC and reinstall vorpX if you have not tried that already.

You can use vorpX without access to the config app BTW. Not ideal, but most things can be configured ingame anyway. You have to set your DK2 to be the primary display in Windows in this case.

"GodzillaMustDie" wrote:
Keyboard controls worked for the most part but hard to see under Rift. Menus were at times not useable due to resolution and head tracking not functioning when menus were on screen.

vorpX has two features to deal with both issues:

1. EdgePeek (middle mouse button): allows you to look around the screen

2. VR Hotkeys ([SHIFT] + hold middle mouse button): This one is *heavily* underused: A freely configurable 4x4 VR-menu that is used by simply looking at a "button". For Skyrim some useful shortcuts are preconfigured, but you can configure any shortcut you want.

"GodzillaMustDie" wrote:
Hats off to Ralf. Amazing job but now I really want the real thing.

Thanks. 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
Skyrim opens on my monitor and not DK2 no matter which setting I choose under Display/Monitor in vorpX. I am using extended desktop.

How can I get it to be displayed on DK2?

ralfal
Honored Guest
Try to set the Rift as primary display and set vorpX to "Use system settings" if forcing to the Rift through vorpX does not work for you. This is the most compatible option. Most games open on the primary display, so this should work in almost all cases. You might want to check the according section in the documentation, which has a step-by-step guide with pictures.

One general request: If possible, please use the vorpX forum for support requests. Usually you will get answers faster there, and may even find answers to your questions without having to post something.