Did you mean: 

vorpX 0,7.1 with initial DK2 support now available

SliderOverride
Explorer
59 REPLIES 59

firstdayreviews
Honored Guest
bought it, good times

playing skyrim is really cool, I get really horrible judder not sure what thats all about, Playing HL2 Vr I have zero judder but skyrim and Eurotruck 2 are terrible, no idea what thats all about.

Still playing with the settings for Skyrim and Vorpx, can't wait to see what comes out next 😉
Join me on facebook and youtube to win free games monthly! Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/fdreviews Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/fdreviews

ThreeDeeVision
Superstar
"firstdayreviews" wrote:
bought it, good times

playing skyrim is really cool, I get really horrible judder not sure what thats all about, Playing HL2 Vr I have zero judder but skyrim and Eurotruck 2 are terrible, no idea what thats all about.

Still playing with the settings for Skyrim and Vorpx, can't wait to see what comes out next 😉

I have heard that disabling Aero in Win 7 will get rid of judder in some cases.
i7 5960X @ 3.8 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 PC2800 | GTX Titan X Pascal | Win 10 64 bit | Asus ROG PG348Q | EVGA X99 Classified

Phoenix90
Explorer
I tried it and got a blurry mess. With the IPD settings I use for rift demos I saw everything double, I had to go way below and it still was mostly blurry, not to forget that the orientation tracking was performed by moving the mouse which is super inaccurate, messes up your navigation through the menus and it's super nauseating because the tracking stops working every time you open a menu or something else stops the mouse from moving the camera.

That and the fact that it has terrible support for most games, some crash right of the bat, some fail to start in the rift and crash when you try to move them because of vorpX and vorpX tries to attach itself to almost every application including non graphical applications unless you specifically stop it from doing so causing glitches and crashes all over (e.g. it crashed the software I use to replace windows explorer to navigate the file system)

So in the end I find it to be a horrible frustrating experience and not worth a purchase at it's current state

Riftology
Honored Guest
yea I know about the in game menu (delete key) ive messed with all of the options for maximum eye comfort and 3d but tbh vorpx imo is Fake 3d made by one guy, I feel like ive been robbed 😞 the entire experience is terrible and nowhere near as it should be :(, wish I can get my money back

mabey some experienced vorpx users can give a few helpful tips in maximizing our experience

firstdayreviews
Honored Guest
I wouldn't say its fake, Its defiantly 3d for me

Its very similar to Tridef in terms of 3d, its not 100% perfect like implemented rift demos but its still fantastic.

I feel like I can explore skyrim all over again, The mountains are huge...like legendary, the caves are crazy fun to explore, I find myself looking at the fine little details that I normally brushed over in my regular play through. I came up to a stream with big waterfalls and jumping salmon..... just sat there for a bit and took it all in, felt great.

That being said Vorpx is not a perfect product, its price tag should be more in the 19.99 range in its current state. But im willing to throw some extra money at em to support future releases so its all good.

but at the same time its easy to launch and after a little small amount of tweaking for my own eye set I think it does a great job.

I also own tridef and love it to death but until it gets updated for the DK2 then Vorpx currently takes the cake 😉

Kudos to the dev in making it a plug and play solution for the oculus (at least for skyrim).
Join me on facebook and youtube to win free games monthly! Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/fdreviews Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/fdreviews

Shannonb1
Explorer
Everyone bitching annoys me. Go play it with your other options if you're not happy. It will get more updates. Ralf just got a dk2...chill the fk out and be greatful.

ValiantOne
Honored Guest
"ValiantOne" wrote:
All I am getting is crossed eyed stereo in Vorpx. I have manually set the ipd and read the documentation (applying those settings). Makes no difference. Before the new update, my 3D in Vorpx was fine. All my demos and games not using Vorpx run great. Any ideas for a fix?

Thanks to a fine poster on reddit, I have found the solution!

Due to a bug in the current build of vorpX, you must manually set you IPD in the vorpX control panel to "60". It is a workaround until the builder of vorpX , Ralf, fixes the issue.

😄
i7-2600k @4.20(OC) Ghz, 16gb RAM DDR3 Corsair Vengeance, ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z, NVIDIA GTX 760 4gb, 1200w Gold Certified Corsair PSU, (1)Acer HN274H 3D 120hz Monitor-1920x1080,(2) Samsung Syncmaster 245BW-1920x1200, Win 7 64bit.

RirtualVeality
Adventurer
Initial impressions:

-Chromatic Aberration fix is a god send! One click and that red/blue shit is gone. Ralf should be applauded for this. It worked 100% of the time on every game I tried. The same goes for the 'black smear' fix.

-3D effect is......hmm....."ok". After playing some of the excellent Rift retrofits (Quake 2, Quake, Euro Truck Simulator 2, Duke3D, Live For Speed, etc...) it's hard to go to this. Everything seems so.....close. Too close. Even Outlast (the game I sung praises for that worked so well with vorpX) has issues. Again: too close. I messed with image zoom, the 3D modes, etc, but nothing seemed to get it looking right. This made me sad. Now, full disclosure: this may be something I'm doing/not doing...the FOV seems to be a big issue and most games allow you to change that. I haven't given up...

-S.T.A.L.K.E.R .....yes folks, S.T.A.L.K.E.R works. Man, if people get some settings out that work for this game...I'd play this for hours. Also, Serious Sam 3 and Payday 2 work...though they both suffer from the 'too close' feel.

-My eyes got sore after a little use. This hasn't happened to me since I first tried the Rift. This isn't good. I changed the IPD...I just think it's that weird 'warped' look....What happened to the "smart" 3D mode!?

-Positional tracking on Skyrim works....though I've never seen a point to positional tracking. Yeah, you can lean in....so what? The scale of the weapons are way off when you go to the 120 FOV. My axe was as big as a person! Though there are moments of brilliance with Skyrim on vorpX...moments where you look at the water rushing by, or you're exploring a cave/dungeon and everything seems right...Is it playable for hours? For me, no. It just gives me a glimpse of what proper implementation would look like.

...I'll follow this up as I try more shit out...I have over 250 games soooo yeah...

djack77
Honored Guest
If you can get Outlast to work well I will buy it instantly. I have Tridef already, but I have a feeling ill be waiting for ever for an update. Keep us posted, im very interested in your results! 🙂
i5 Haswell @ 4.4Ghz Twin Frozr 780Ti RoG Maximus Vii Avexir Blitz C9 2133MHz

Riftology
Honored Guest
Ok I take the "fake 3d" back its just not implemented well in some games, it does work well tho in enstragled it looks damn good, but still its weird that even dolphin an emulator can output 3d better than vorpx