cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vorpx or tridef?

Riftology
Honored Guest
Which one would you current rift owners recommend and that has the most support?
8 REPLIES 8

Riftology
Honored Guest

kogashuko
Honored Guest
I remember reading on their forum that they are working on actual DK2 support. As of right now it works but there is no compensation at the edges of the lenses for the color distortion or head tracking support. He said he was close. I do think that $50 for a beta is a little steep but they are really the only game in town.

As for tridef, from what I have read on their forum they only have experimental DK1 support. They supposedly took several months after the release to add that. There is also posts in their forum saying they have not been able to get a dev kit and that they also could not afford to provide support.

The best thing that could happen would be nvidia and amd provide native support for oculus in their drivers. That way everything is supported. They support old stile two tone 3d glasses as well as all the random shutter glasses out there so why not a rift.
/-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------/ KogaShuko DK 2 - Received = Paperweight due to failure to cooperate between Nvidia and Oculus. Glad my livelihood was not resting on development!

Riftology
Honored Guest
thank you

RirtualVeality
Adventurer
As a long time user of both I can honestly say that both are worth your money. Right now, as Kogashuko mentioned, vorpX will be getting DK2 support for sure...and it's coming soon. The 3D "effect" can sometimes look better on Tridef, but for game support vorpX is the way to go. I played through Outlast, Crysis, Payday 2, and a few other games using vorpX. What I like most about it is you have different options based on what your system can handle. 'Geometry 3D' gives the best "3D feel" while the other modes give you a lot of performance back.

That said, Tridef was incredible with Mirror's Edge, Contagion, HL2 Cinematic Mod, Duke Nukem Forever, and a few others.

nicorose
Honored Guest
first............. "vireio perception" because its free! :mrgreen:

and than the others...

Rob1985
Honored Guest
"nicorose" wrote:
first............. "vireio perception" because its free! :mrgreen:

and than the others...

A kick in the face is free too.

Jokes aside I have only used Tridef (on the dk1 obv) and it was really good.

Lagahan
Explorer
"RirtualVeality" wrote:
The 3D "effect" can sometimes look better on Tridef, but for game support vorpX is the way to go. I played through Outlast, Crysis, Payday 2, and a few other games using vorpX. What I like most about it is you have different options based on what your system can handle. 'Geometry 3D' gives the best "3D feel" while the other modes give you a lot of performance back.

That said, Tridef was incredible with Mirror's Edge, Contagion, HL2 Cinematic Mod, Duke Nukem Forever, and a few others.

This. Depends entirely on application. I haven't gotten around to vorpX yet myself, but TriDef offers a metric crap-ton of customization options to get everything 'just right'. That said, if I'll be honest here, they probably won't support DK2 at least not within 2/3 months, so I'll probably get VorpX for my DK2 when it arrives.
DK1 status: Delivered, DK2 status: Delivered Rigs: CPU: i5 2500k @4.8GHz GPU: R9 290 @1.1GHz RAM: 16GB OS: Windows 7 Pro x64 CPU: i7 4710MQ 3.3GHz GPU: 2x880M 8GB RAM: 8GB OS: Windows 7 Pro x64

nicorose
Honored Guest
A kick in the face is free too.

And why is there need for a stupit comment like that ? It was a serious answer.

And if you havent tried yet, just dont give such a comment. Just my 2 cents.

Jokes aside

Okay... :mrgreen: