cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

will never buy any product from here

First of all, I live in Australia. I give up AmazonAU but place an order at Oculus website. I thought it is official and fast. I was totally wrong...

My order was placed at 1/11/2021. The estimated arrive time was 11/11/2021. But until 9th I had not receive any shipping information. Then I asked the customer service. After investigation, they said there was no error in my order. And They just adjust my estimated arrive time to 23/11/2021.

Ok what can I do for it? I accept to wait and give more time considering Covid problem.

But today is 18th or Nov and I still have not got any shipping information? Are you kidding me?

Are U guys still inventing this product? The post in Australia usually will take more than 5 days to reach my city, which means my estimated arrive time will be change again, LoL

new update:it is still been preparing at 5/12/2021.and the estimated time has been changed to 20/12/2021

1319F2E7-F683-48B3-AF03-8BF88916CB89.jpeg

17 REPLIES 17

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, Joshua! We understand that not getting the headset when initially promised can cause some setbacks, but we are determined to find out what's been causing this delay! Please PM us with the order number so we can take a look! Please click here https://ocul.us/OculusCommunitySupport or on our name to get to our profile page, then click "Send a Message" to privately contact us. Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

@joshua.huang.12177 I'm also in Australia and have never had any problems buying from either the Oculus or Amazon Au stores.  I generally buy from Amazon because they do tend to get it to me a bit faster.  They also have a faster/easier 30 day return window.  Why did you give up on them btw?  They have them in stock for the same price;

https://www.amazon.com.au/Oculus-Quest-2-Virtual-Reality-Headset/dp/B08V51TP2C/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?crid=...

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

I thought the service from offical web could be better. I was completely wrong. And Amazon didn’t have elite strap with battery in stock

@joshua.huang.12177  Both the headstrap with battery and one with the case are both in stock now.  I just bought the one without the case 1.5 days ago and it's already scheduled to be delivered to me tomorrow.  Maybe they just got these back in stock after you ordered them a week earlier.  Too bad because both are about $30 cheaper on Amazon.  Live and learn, lol!

In any case, I'm sure you'll get your stuff soon.  Just to warn you, anything with a Lithium battery can take a little longer from overseas to clear customs.  Even in Australia these can take a little longer because they have to use road transport, not air.  Anyway, best of luck mate and cheers. 

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Thank you for you detailed explain. Yeah, the battery strap with case, I saw it on Amazon. But didn’t find the battery strap without case. I thought the case is not useful for me. But now I am willing to pay for the case for shipping on Amazon.I understand Lithium battery could be a problem but anyway it should happen at least we get the shipping number shouldn’t we?,it is so frustrated I even can not get refund now until I receive it. Anyway, appreciate for your all advise. That’s helpful. Next time definitely Amazon.

kojack
MVP
MVP

Just to check, did you definitely order from exactly oculus.com? There's a bunch of imitation scam stores that keep popping up, and lately they've increased (Christmas lead up). If the order had a large discount or sale, it's fake.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Your concern make sense, but I am pretty sure.I have checked my order with customer service here. I don't mind to share it. 

kojack
MVP
MVP

I deleted your order number, probably safest to not post it publicly.

I don't work for Oculus (just a volunteer), so not much use to me. 🙂

I'm in aus too, I'm currently fighting Toll and Ikea, been waiting 2 months for a package from nsw to qld. 😞

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

kojack
MVP
MVP

Now that I'm not typing with one finger on a tablet while eating Nandos like my last two replies...

Generally when not in Covid or high demand periods, the Oculus store is quite good for Australia. It's typically very fast when stock is coming from Hong Kong. When I ordered an Oculus Go from here a couple of years ago, I placed the order on wednesday, the shipping notice of pickup in Hong Kong was friday, a DHL courier was at my door sunday afternoon. Not bad for free shipping. 🙂

For my Quest 2, shipping notice of pickup from Hong Kong on 13/10/2021, got delivered here in Brisbane on 19/10/2021. (Via Fedex)

My Rift-S and Quest 1 (came together) had a shipping notice of pickup from Hong Kong on 21/5/2019 and was delivered on 24/5/2019. (Also Fedex)