cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1060 gtx and quest 2 on pc without lag?

markhollis
Expert Protege

Hi guys, what bitrate do you use for not having lags? dynamic or fixed?

5 REPLIES 5

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

With Air Link I find dynamic bitrate is a little smoother with very slightly less latency than fixed.

The gtx1000 series gpu’s have pretty slow encoders so you should get lower latency with Link.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

i have the router near, is connected to pc, but with dhcp off, because i have another router connected to that for have the fiber connection
pc --- router wifi 5ghz (quest) ---- router with dhcp on (fiber)

For wireless you may be better off trying Virtual Desktop.  It seems to be working better for lower end gpu's like your 1060.  Sorry but for decent PCVR with a Q2 you really need something like a rtx3070 or better gpu imho.  Stay away from AMD gpu's for now because they have much slower encoders.

Please review the oculus air link support pages for recommended setups.  Not sure but I think you need dhcp on and a separate 5Ghz address, without band switching.  Your internet connection/speed is kinda not relevant.

https://support.oculus.com/airlink/

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

are you sure that dhcp is needed?

Not 100% sure (maybe do a bit of googling) since I just have the recommended router wifi setup = 1gig Router ethernet wired to my PC and dedicated 5Ghz wifi 2-3m away.  I also find that changing the 5Ghz channel to 36 helped smooth things a bit.  I kick everyone else in my household to the dedicated 2.4Ghz band.