cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2FA is not working via SMS

Flanj
Honored Guest

Hey, since enabling 2FA authentication and having it send a few text messages, it no longer works. I am trying to re-login and not getting any text messages. If anybody knows how to resolve this, who to talk to, or where to even submit a support ticket that would be great.

13 REPLIES 13

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Flanj

You've come to the right place! We can take a look at that 2FAC situation with you. We'll need to go over some account info, so please send us a PM to keep that info all safe and secure. To send us a PM, select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Flanj
Honored Guest

Thanks! Doing it now.

sykatsu
Honored Guest

i hope that your problem was dealt with but if you have any advice that would be helpful because i am trying to set up 2FA with my phone and it is not texting me at all and i would like to get this setup so just lmk if oculus gave any info regarding that.

Hey there! We'd love to help you with your 2 FAC.

Can you please make a Support ticket HERE? We can have someone give you the one on one attention confirming your identity and resolve this for you.

Look forward to hearing from you so we can get you back into the Metaverse as quickly as possible!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

SolacianAllie
Honored Guest

Also having issues here, i even tried adding my number to discord to see if there was an outage but it worked fine, so i think its still down, just wanted to activate 2fa fully to be able to get a developer verification

wuzp
Rising Star

The issue with using 2FA via SMS, is that SMS is handled by multiple 3rd party providers. The technical details are beyond the scope of this thread. Bottom line; SMS reliability depends on who your carrier is, and the number of 3rd party SMS middlemen, between you and Meta (or anyone else). Using an authentication app like Google Authenticator, eliminates SMS 2FA issues.

Hey SolacianAllie, did you get to open a support ticket? If not, please do so we can provide step by step guidance on this issue in real time!

hello, got my Oculus Quest 2 a few days ago!
Ive been trying to create a developer account, but no luck sofar.
Im not able to verify my account using 2-factor authentication.
Entered my phone number, but never received a text message.
Tried several times, tried leaving the window open for hours,
and i just tried putting my SIM into a different phone. no luck 😞
maybe the service is down?
plzzz halp

Oh-oh! This is not the experience we want you to have with our VR devices and would be more than happy to guide you to get the help you deserve! Due to the limited tools we have through our Forums we will need you to get connected with our Meta Store Support. 

There one of our jolly agents can get a better look at this for you through a live chat or even scheduling a call! Please go ahead and click here to get you back in the VR world with the help of our Support!