cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 dots then black screen with Oculus Quest Link

brownsea2989
Protege
Using a cable confirmed working by others (Amazon Basics USB 3 3M) and GTX 1650, 16Gb, Ryzen 5 3550H based laptop I'm having problems launching Quest Link! Headset is recognised and passes text in Oculus Desktop software and prompt appears in headset. When I launch in the headset I get a black screen with 3 moving dots. Shortly afterwards, just a black screen with the Guardian circle on the floor.

Anyone else had this?
96 REPLIES 96

Bibolat
Honored Guest
Yeah i have the same issue! I got a 1080TI and usb 3.0 ports using a 3.1 Gen1 USB c cable and i still get the same results

TimmiB
Honored Guest
I have the same issue but I had blamed it on my old hardware.
(Surface Book with 940M GPU using the USB A to C cable that came with the Google Pixel.)

I thought it might have been because I wasn't in roomscale mode but I was unable to test.

vargablood
Expert Protege
Geforce 9xx Series is not in supported list of GPUS now for oculus link

brownsea2989
Protege
I'd agree that a 940m is pushing it but my machine meets all the specs (GTX16x video card). 

zelete
Honored Guest
Might not be the answer but, I had something similar once but it turned out my head was stuck in some game object because my VR height wasn't set properly.

trek554
Adventurer

TimmiB said:

I have the same issue but I had blamed it on my old hardware.
(Surface Book with 940M GPU using the USB A to C cable that came with the Google Pixel.)

I thought it might have been because I wasn't in roomscale mode but I was unable to test.

is this a joke? why on earth would you even waste your time trying to run it on that garbage 940m? do you really not understand that you are not even remotely close to meeting minimum requirements for VR? the minimum gpu for using Link is a gtx 1060 which is literally nearly TEN times as powerful as the 940m. heck you dont even meet minimum requirements for most regular pc games made in the last 5 to 6 years. even Intel integrated graphics have surpassed the 940m.
WIN 11 | 13700KF | MSI MPG Z790 CARBON WIFI | G.SKILL 64GB 6400MHZ CL32 | GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | SEASONIC FOCUS GX-1000

warlockuk
Explorer
Same issue; RTX2070, but only a 2600K i7.  Just a black screen with the ring of the floor seated area.

retrovision_fr
Honored Guest
Same issue here, i7-8700k & GTX1070. It works on my Razer Blade 15 though (i7-8750h + gtx1060). Super weird 

PaulyD917
Honored Guest
I’m having the exact same issue as well, tried opening a game on the pc while the quest was still connected and the headset was tracking on the pc but in the headset was still a black screen with no audio.