cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Air-Link

Leoric3
Honored Guest

Hi everyone, I have a problem, after updating to version 42 the Air-link mode no longer works. I tried every possible solution read on the forum and not ... I reinstalled the Oculus application on PC several times, I also tried in beta. In any case it does not work, and I noticed that the viewer is updated to a version, currently 43 and the application to 42, if active the beta version becomes 43 but the versions do not coincide! how do we solve? "Air link connection lost. Check the network connection on your PC and headset, then try again " Always this error!

10 REPLIES 10

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi! We couldn't help but notice you're having some Air Link issues, we'd sure like to help and take a look at this for you.

There are a few suggestions we can offer to ensure we have the best possible setup for Air Link. Some things include,

• Have your PC connected to Router/Access Point via Ethernet cable
  • The headset should be connected to Wi-Fi via a 5GHz band (AC or AX)
  • The router must be  in the same room as the headset or in line-of-sight, and at least 1m (3.3ft) off the ground
  • Non-mesh network configurations are best

Let us know if you had a chance in checking these things, if you still need help please feel free to let us know by replying here anytime!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Leoric3
Honored Guest

hello... my pc is on cable, wi.fi 5ghz ac, router in the same room at 2 meter, i can't afford another router but befor the latest patch its funcition..

Gotcha, well thanks a bunch for checking these things to attempt to isolate the problem. We suggest checking here for the minimum requirements needed to run Oculus Link.

Once you check your PC is VR-ready, reach out to our expert support group here 👉🏻https://metaque.st/Support

Submit your logs by following these steps and they can take a closer look at them for you,

1. Open the Run window (Windows key + R).
2. Enter and run: C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics\OculusLogGatherer.exe
* The above link is the default directory. Bear in mind that if you installed the Oculus PC app to another drive you will need to update the command with the correct file path.
3. Select the checkbox next to ‘Full logs’.
4. Select "1 day" from the "Collect last" drop-down list.
5. Wait for the log collection to finish. This can take some time to complete.
6. The program will automatically generate a zip file containing your logs, which will be saved to your desktop.
7. Attach the newly created zip file to your support response.

We can't wait to assist further!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

where do i need to attach the zip file?

@Leoric3 You can attach the file when you make a support ticket. It asks what files you want to add, so you can look through your PC and select it.

Sometimes it's okay to be a little Bing Chilling

Leoric3
Honored Guest

I have been trying for at least an hour to open a ticket .. it always keeps telling me that "something went wrong, please reload the page and try again"
I'm starting to get tired of a servio that doesn't work ...
Thank you.

@Leoric3 What if you try a different broser? (Firefox, Edge, Safari, etc.)

Could also be your network. Possibly give unplugging the router for 20 seconds a shot too just in case. 

I restarted the router and I use Firefox ... almost another site and program that I use does not create problems for me .. I honestly do not think it is the fault of my connection ... I also tried with a different browser .. it does not work.

@Leoric3 We'll be sure to get that looked into as this could be something internal, support ticket wise.

For now, you may want to submit a bug report while we try to get that back up and set proper.