cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps download but DON'T really!

melissarobinson
Sightseer
I switched phones since I broke my old one. But both are Galaxy s6 Edge phones. I hooked up my Gear VR and went through the setup/download process as I did with my other one. Of course, when I got to my home screen, I clicked on library, then uninstalled (which shows all the apps I downloaded on my other phone but aren't yet installed on this phone). I begin to install these. Of the two dozen or so apps, on Netflix and some anatomy app actually downloaded and were usable. When I would hit download on the others, I'd see the download bar moving. When it would hit 100%, it would just change back to download. So, though it looked like it downloaded, it didn't. So I loked online, saw the most common fix (app manager>turn on com.facebook and such...) and ensured all was right as far as giving the program permission to storage and such. I then restarted the phone. Tried again on the Gear to download; same thing. It shows the download progress bar creeping through then hits 100%, goes away and turns back into the blue download button. I don't understand how it allowed me to really download and use Netflix and a random anatomy app but not anything else. I tried using both my wi-fi as well as my data. Same result. How can I fix this? Very frustrating because some of these apps I paid for and now I cannot download them.
5 REPLIES 5

cybereality
Grand Champion
Did you switch carriers? What carrier are you on?
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

melissarobinson
Sightseer
No switch in carriers (AT&T). Nothing has changed. Phone is running 6.0.1.

melissarobinson
Sightseer
I've always had unlimited data and my phone has 50gb of free space.

melissarobinson
Sightseer
I also just tried taking the phone out, and using the oculus app outside of the Gear VR headset and I CAN download correctly there. Why can't I download with the headset?

cybereality
Grand Champion
Can you try uninstalling the Oculus and Gear VR services? Maybe something got corrupted.
https://support.oculus.com/help/oculus/968822933206930/
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV