cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install Oculus software, no error message

Auto-Responder
Explorer

I know that other people have had issues where they do get an error message with their software not installing. Mine just, doesn't completely install.

Capture.PNG

It's been like this for a few hours now. I've stopped the process a few times and tried a few of my other drives but same result. I have the space I promise, it just refuses to install.

No idea why it would do this other than bad installer or lack of space, but I got the installer from the website, and even deleted and re-downloaded it.

If you can explain why it's doing this and how to make it stop, would appreciate.

7 REPLIES 7

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We are aware that not being able to download the desktop app can interfere with your time spent enjoying VR.

Reading over your post we see you've already tried some stuff yourself. We'll like to give a couple of troubleshooting steps to try and get you back to gaming! We know you've deleted the app already, but we'll like for you to manually delete the app. This so you can get all of the old desktop files off of your computer. Please follow these steps:

1. Disconnect the Rift/Link cable from the computer.
  2. Disconnect your computer from the internet.
  3. Uninstall Oculus PC app using the Control Panel.
  4. Delete all Oculus folders from the following folder:
    • C:\Program Files
  5. Remove any Oculus folders from the following locations:
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Local
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\LocalLow
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Roaming
    • C:\OculusSetup-DownloadCache
  6. Restart your computer in normal mode.
  7. Reconnect your computer to the internet.
  8. Install Oculus PC app again using the setup tool from our website here.

We also recommend having at least 16GB-20GB of free space on the driver you are downloading it to. Can you also turn off any Anti-Virus program's you might have enabled? We are looking forward to your update! We can't wait for you to get in the next step of your VR experience.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Heya! We are just checking in to see if you have had any updates on your situation. We look forward to helping you with this and getting you on your way to PC VR! Give us a shout whenever you can. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I have no way of checking because the installer says I don't have enough disk space, when I have 3 other drives that have more than enough space and it wants to install on the smallest drive for some reason.

Hello. Thank you for reaching back out and giving us a update. Since the download keeps going to the smallest driver you have, we want you to try changing the installation driver. 

Can you please follow the steps we've sent in our first response to manually uninstall the desktop app. When you install the desktop app this time, make sure follow the steps in this article. When you get to the step where you pick your driver installation location, make sure you pick the biggest one. If you aren't prompted to select a driver location, please send a screenshot of what you do see at that step.

We look forward to hearing back from you, and getting you on your way! 

Auto-Responder
Explorer

yeah i keep getting this

AutoResponder_0-1668678980255.png

when i have space on my drives

AutoResponder_1-1668679009091.png

i cant clear anymore space on the C: drive its physically impossible my computer wont run

and the times I have managed to get it to install, the installation has ALWAYS stopped at like 0.14mb away from finishing

Managed to at least start the install process again.

AutoResponder_0-1668680480685.png

I don't know why it just stops in the middle of installing. I had this open all night earlier too, for 8 hours, and nothing changed.

Hey Auto-Responder, thanks for providing that information! It's saddening to hear you're experiencing those issues, but we'd be more than glad to get this solved for you. Would you happen to know if maybe you have any antivirus software installed that may be blocking it? Also, is your Windows account an admin user? Users without admin access may have issues installing applications.

On top of this, could you maybe try booting your computer into safe mode to see if the problem still persists? If so, can we go ahead and slide this conversation into PMs so we can collect some information from you? 

Instructions on how to do so can be found below: 

Select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.