cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't login on my Oculus deviece. Prompted for a 6-digit code which is never sent

mattematissen
Explorer

It's now close to a month since I was prompted to log in to my Facebook account again on my son's Oculus Quest 2 which he got for his birthday shortly before that. In that process, a 6-digit code is required and supposed to be sent to the account email. The code doesn't arrive. I've checked thoroughly in spam etc.
After about a week of back and forth with Meta support, trying to change the account email address and claiming to turn off the 6-digit code requirement, they simply stopped replying to my emails without the issue being resolved. Their last reply blamed longer response times on a high volume of support tickets. This is over two weeks ago.

I've now started a new thread with the same subject, but it remains unanswered for 4 days.

My son is sad he can't use his birthday present and my frustration with Meta is growing day by day. The lack of a simple confirmation code leaves us with a useless product and feeling totally helpless.
Hope someone might have a solution for us.
Thanks!

24 REPLIES 24

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello there, mattematissen! We see you're having trouble setting up the Quest 2 and haven't received a 6-digit code in over a month, which isn't good. We will not keep you waiting another day to resolve this issue; there is no reason you should have waited this long. So let's get you and your son taken care of right away.

To better assist you, could you please PM us so that we can look into this further. Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

nevillejohn
Honored Guest

having this same problem. it also takes me minutes to type in my (secure, password manager generated) password. need to add some way to copy and paste or login via app or web so i don't have to reset my password to something insecure.

nevillejohn
Honored Guest

the online guide says to try clicking resend email if i didnt receive one, after checking spam, filters, and junk mailboxes. there is no resend email button. i haven't received an email.

Thanks for letting us know. Please send us a PM or click HERE to reach our email and chat teams so we can continue helping you. Thanks!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Try fetching a 6-digit code from the Facebook app. Worked for me. Only took me over a month, with very little help from Meta, to figure it out;)

This kind of happened to me. I just decided to do a factory reset. I thought it was going to delete all my progress and everything but it doesn’t. All you have to do for factory reset it’s just reinstall your games and you’re still good and connected to your meta-

Try fetching a security code from the Facebook app. Worked for me.

shocker27769
Honored Guest

Hi.  I had this same problem with the code not sending and was so frustrated. Problem was the code does go to spam, but my phone doesn’t show a spam folder for my email, just a junk one. Had to log in on a computer for my email and then saw the spam folder. There were like 100 code emails from all my resends. Hopefully this helps. Got me up and running. 

Hi @mattematissen, how did you do that from the Facebook app? If I try to do the log in from facebook the web redirect me to the same meta verification page 😞

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?