cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access Horizon Workrooms

Neil.J
Honored Guest

I am able to access workrooms on 2 other headsets, however, on one particular headset I keep seeing this error:

318126363_453451626953409_5349866046149008788_n.png

.... saying I need a Meta account to continue.
Of course I have a Meta account, as I'm already logging on other devices and indeed I am the 'owner' of this device.
If I switch accounts, Workrooms lets me in as usual without any error.
The message says I need to remove my headset and go to /setup to complete the process.

Have installed build 47 update and reinstalled Workrooms.
Any ideas gratefully received!

5 REPLIES 5

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Neil.J! This definitely sounds like a strange situation, we'd love to help you get access to Workrooms on all of your devices! To start, we'd like to check that you're using the same account on each device. If not, one of your accounts may need to be migrated into a Meta account, Here's how you can migrate:

1. Open the Workrooms Desktop App, and go to settings.
  2. In settings, click on "account migration"
  3. Enter the email associated with the Workroom's account.
  4. A verification code will be sent to the email.
  5. Get the code from the email and verify the email address.
  6. A new webpage for Workrooms should open, choose the account you want to migrate into a Meta account.
  7. After selecting the account, confirm the migration and then the migration process begins.

You can also provide feedback for Workrooms, so we can continue to improve our services. Please let us know if this helps!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Howdy! We wanted to reach out and make sure you're able to access Workrooms. Please let us know if you still need assistance, we're happy to help!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Mdavisjr
Honored Guest

If it helps, I had the exact same problem today.  I've been running apps and games fine both with and without oculus link.  But this workrooms app just immediately popped up that same message.  I was finally able to get it to work by going to https://auth.meta.com/settings/security/ and logging out my oculus.  Then, with my oculus turned on, I went to meta.com/setup like the message says, it sent a new code to my Quest, and logged me in.  After the quest auto-restarted, then the workrooms app connected fine.

Hi, I have to inform you that I encounter the same problem, I get the exact same error on the screen and cannot use the Workrooms app on my meta gen2 headset. Judging from the webs this is a very widespread problem. 

When following your steps I get stuck as soon as I hit your second point as I don't have an account migration option in settings (nor in the underlying menus):

sanchistic_0-1675264827193.png

Furthermore, I tried to download remote link and tried practically anything possible from what is available in the menus in the VR and on the desktop. But nothing helps.

Would be appreciated if this gets a very well-structured step-by-step solution guide to resolve it with actual links to every space you would need to visit and screenshots of all buttons that should be used on there to avoid going to wrong places which don't contain the pointed-out buttons etc..

Thanks for a final resolution on this!

Hey there @sanchistic! We completely understand how it feels to have issues with Horizon Workrooms. If you have already tried the steps listed above then we recommend reaching out to our wonderful email, chat, and callback support team. Through these channels we have access to a more robust set of tools that allow us to better assist customers with issues regarding Horizon Workrooms. Thanks!