cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Gear VR

SaviddL
Explorer

Looked at a bunch of other posts and cant solve this issue. My headset was working fine until today where i was forced to get a using a meta account. Since then all i get is a "Facebook Session Expired" error. I've uninstalled Facebook and Oculus apps and reinstalled, no change. I created a new FB account and Linked it but again when i open the Oculus Gear VR app i get that error, rebooted the device, no change, removed all FB accounts from my device (S9+) and added only the new account, no change. My old Oculus account doesn't work as i get a "No network Connection" error there. WTF is up with Meta forcing users into this crap that is rife with issues. And I cant raise a ticket because there is no support option for Gear VR. And I refuse to buy a $400 headset just on principle...My existing one worked just fine until today.

401 REPLIES 401

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have tried many different ways to get into my gear VR, and so far it mostly has been a complete waste.  I did manage to get samsung vr to work, but its not working like a proper vr, just like watching a 2d movie, not 3D vr as it should be.

If you watch 3d movies directly from internet browser, please make sure to turn on 3D option for your browser (menu --> Labs setting)

Anonymous
Not applicable

not using the browser, but thanks anyway.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Got up this morning, and suddenly the Gear Vr Launcher is no longer on my Samsung device, which was the only way I was able to watch my videos that I had already stored on the sd card.  That was the only way to actually load without having to sign into the oculus app.  I guess it was a mistake to tell the Oculus support what I had done, so they removed it on me overnight.  Back to wiping my phone all over again and starting over.

WTF is going on Oculus crew, why are you making this difficult for users to use the gear vr?

marcob1234
Explorer
they know all too well why it doesn't work anymore, but just can't open up about it, probably support problems but that legal support still needs to be given, they are seriously fooling us, everyone you read here has the same problems and are rejected by the helpdesk in the same way.

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes, I just got the message that Gear VR is no longer supported, what a bunch of s$$t.  It would appear that they purposely broke it so they can sell you a newer VR device for hundreds of $$$$$$

samer.749974
Honored Guest
Private message from the support which turns out is useless
Re: Cant Login Samsung Gear VR "Facebook Session Expired" error.

Thank you for informing us that those steps were ineffective. We understand you're eager to jump into VR and and get you game on, but currently at this time, those are the only known steps to resolving the issue. However, because this may be a known issue, we would like to investigate it further for you.

rocolop20
Honored Guest

hello this resolved the problem, i could logged into the gear vr app in my s7.  just following below

This is what I did to finally get it working

- Create a meta account that is linked to my facebook account

- Setup my horizon profile

- Create a password for my new meta account here https://auth.meta.com/settings/security/

- Turn off Two Factor Authentication on my meta account

- At this point if you goto https://accountscenter.meta.com/profiles/ there should be two accounts, a facebook one and a horizon one

- Finally log into facebook app on the Galaxy device

- Launch Gear VR and login with facebook

Great to hear that this worked for you! Y'all sound off if this worked for you as well!

Genesis does what Nintendon't! Send me a DM if you have questions. I'm happy to help!

alextrem95
Honored Guest

Samsung has announced that it is
separating from everything related
to VR....so all companies
associated with GearVr...no
remaining app on galaxy store or
playstor, I think that's it....I started
VR, buy a gearvr for nothing, I'm not
going to buy $400 because
samsung has abounded their client