cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Casting issue on my Quest 2

Butler2022
Honored Guest

I have just purchased a oculus quest 2 and am trying to cast to my LG smart TV.. It have screen share miracast but the oculus can't find the TV.. Help!! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Butler2022, we see you're having an issue casting your Quest 2 to your TV. We know how fun it is to share these VR experiences with those around you, so we want to do everything we can to help clear this up.

To begin, you want to make sure both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Although you have a smart TV, TVs with built-in Chromecast or other smart functionality may be supported, but compatibility cannot be guaranteed with all models. Learn more by visiting this public support article. 😊👍

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

47 REPLIES 47

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Butler2022, we see you're having an issue casting your Quest 2 to your TV. We know how fun it is to share these VR experiences with those around you, so we want to do everything we can to help clear this up.

To begin, you want to make sure both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Although you have a smart TV, TVs with built-in Chromecast or other smart functionality may be supported, but compatibility cannot be guaranteed with all models. Learn more by visiting this public support article. 😊👍

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

jade8568
Protege

I had the same issue. If you happened to have an Amazon Firestick, it works great on an app called AirScreen. 

LWGray
Honored Guest

The instructions are vague. When I opened up my occulus there was nowhere that said or had the symbol for casting.

Yet my phone said it was connected and there was a red light on my occulus view.

Then I found that individual apps have a casting symbol and so I tried that and it said I was casting... but my phone said it was "connecting".

I managed once to get my phone connected and casting... without doing anything on my Occulus! Or anything within any of the apps...To record I had to press a red button on the phone app. Not easy when you have the headset on and the controllers in your hand!

But that has only happened once. And all other times despite my phone saying it was connected, it would not start to "cast" 

I would like to cast to my computer... but despite using Chrome, I can find nowhere within this website where it can receive the cast. In fact one can only find out instructions to casting and a link by using the search button. The link however merely gives instructions... which do not tell you where this "cast" will appear or even indicate whether it is connected or not.

Why not make it easy and have a link to a set up page? And a message that tells you that it is linked or not?

My WFI connection is at the top end of the household speed range so why is this not functioning?

Hey there. Thank you for notifying us of this issue! We know casting on Quest 2 can be a little confusing at times. We love to help out and clarify a few things. Casting only works with devices that are compatible with our headset.

Try the steps in this article. This may result in the device casting to your computer. Keep in mind that some devices are not compatible, and we cannot guarantee compatibility. Please reach out if you have any questions.

I am having major issues. I have been since I got my oculus for Christmas 2021. I put it away because I was so frustrated. I have finally decided to try and fix the issue. I cant cast from my oculus at all. I have followed all troubleshooting steps provided. I have sent a PM to Oculus Support today just waiting to hear back so my family can enjoy this.....

All you guys do is waste my time go in circles asking questions and I never get anything done I want my freaking gear to send the cast of the television what is the problem

It’s pretty simple I’m on my iPhone right now and I’m mirroring it to the TV show how do I get it there

Seriously here we go circles wasting my time god this really sucks I your meta is bull**bleep**

Hey Thor, considering you haven't provided us any information on if your TV is supported to cast your Quest headset, you should reconsider your tone on the forums. As the Support handled said previously, not all TVs with built in casing are supported with Quest headsets. Also, only Chromecast devices are currently supported with Quest headsets. You can check the full list of requirements and known issues when casting over here.

Thanks.

55 BURGERS 55 FRIES 55 TACOS 55 PIES 55 COKES 100 TATER TOTS 100 PIZZAS 100 TENDERS 100 MEATBALLS 100 COFFEES 55 WINGS 55 SHAKES 55 PANCAKES 55 PASTAS 55 PEPPERS AND 155 TATERS