cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emerging Issue - Unable to log into Oculus App after Meta Account Merge

TheHighlander71
Explorer

Hello,

I am on Windows 10, I have an Oculus RiftS and the Oculus PC application.

I have just updated my Oculus account to a Meta account. 

When I log in to my Oculus app I get the message in the title: 

"You're using a version of this app that's no longer supported. Download the latest version to continue."

There's no download link and I don't know how to continue. I cannot use my Oculus Rift S at the moment.

383 REPLIES 383

Good question..  Oculus used to require a Facebook account and they are in the process of moving away from that.  However until next year you may need to use both.

I created a Meta account too but it still prompts you to log in with Facebook too and hopefully that will change next year sometime.  Long story short is that Oculus is now working but I don’t understand why they don’t tell user what they are changing and what we need to do.

it took me 7 days to get it running……

Hi just tried to find my bought apps after switching to Meta. Sofar none of them available. As example I miss the "Virtual Desk" app. I have the invoice available, but no way to refer this to Facebook for a re-install.

Miramuski
Honored Guest

Two weeks on and still not working? (Had the same issue today)

When will this problem be resolved?

Do you create a Meta account?

mj5663384
Honored Guest

Its the end of the 3rd week and I still cant login.  I open the oculus app and it gives one attempt to login so i hit login with email and it lunches the wen browser but it never even loads the page.  Just spins and spins until eventually it says site can't be reached.  I tried this one 2 different computer and same results.  Then once it fails and I try again the oculus app just goes blank and doesn't work until magically the next day.  Even fully uninstalling the app does nothing.  

keep up the great work oculus, your killing it over there

oculus is the best.PNG

yes - 2 weeks and I'm nowhere with just a useless piece of electronic junk.

Before the desktop app was not connecting for the account merge/login. after uninstalling now my installer error is:
[Error] [09/09/2022 21:32:04] Aborting installation due to failed preflight check.
[Error] [09/09/2022 21:32:10] Uncaught setup task exception!
System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The file cannot be safely opened because it is not supported by this version of Windows. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800701A9)
File name: 'System.Data, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'

and I can't go over step 3 - can't connect

Before the meta merge all was working perfect and I was very happy with the oculus as it was before.

What is your error?

when their sales are going to start failing heavily.

most of the users are not using the app - that is the point - cheap vr gaming

Meta is not interested in helping more advanced users

under any circumstances do not re-install the app, or you will endup as I did

This is it.

I give up - I have lost 2 weeks on troubleshooting an issue that was not caused by any action of mine. In total 10h+ of my private time, that I was supposed to spend on something nice and pleasant, relax after work, where I actually perform on a daily base complex troubleshooting in enterprise IT - not on getting more and more frustrated.
Additionally, I will provide most negative feedback to anyone I know about a device that once was a very good piece of hardware and one day the devs decided to make it useless.
It took 2 weeks to Oculus/Meta company to loose me as a customer, who is going to provide only negative feedback from that point. I know that you, as a company do not care about single customer, but looking at the forums, reddit, and other places, there will be a quite a number.