cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emerging Issue - Unable to log into Oculus App after Meta Account Merge

TheHighlander71
Explorer

Hello,

I am on Windows 10, I have an Oculus RiftS and the Oculus PC application.

I have just updated my Oculus account to a Meta account. 

When I log in to my Oculus app I get the message in the title: 

"You're using a version of this app that's no longer supported. Download the latest version to continue."

There's no download link and I don't know how to continue. I cannot use my Oculus Rift S at the moment.

383 REPLIES 383

I had to update around  the end of July.  Prompted for an 8 digit/character code.  My PC said it was accepted yet still had another code to enter on the headset.  Finally just ended up with a black screen and 3 white dots so that’s when I changed the email address and was prompted by the headset for a factory reset.   That was in August 

I cannot stress this enough given the circumstances of this horrendously forced new Operating system. No offense, this has entirely wiped my library of games that I used to own. Walking Dead Saints And Sinners. A 40$ game. Wiped and gone from a big corporation who didn't failsafe check their new software, they forced billions to "Factory reset" their oculus's which can I comment; holy cow, that is a ridiculous way to start, I understand the reasoning, but that means images, screenshots, old saves will be gone with it, that's wiping every game including changing oculus entirely. Please don't refer me to the Answer feed. If anyone is willing to help me, that would be great because I am feeling truly hacked right now, I've been having a very bad year over it. Thank you.

Zeepi1i
Explorer

Meta is a Con. Issues progress as local multi-billionaire poses for cameras with an uncanny valley grin. First off let's play a game real quick, let's say Meta doesn't exist, I have an oculus account entirely under your super vision, I have the ability to change my pfp, access facebooks content, do monthly updates, access my games and everything I've purchased. I have now made a Meta-account given the recent/not so recent update from lizard man, I no longer have access to this account of which had written down the password and email for both and now when trying to use them it gaslightss me saying "That email or password is incorrect" not to mention the new meta account information when trying to login manually using the "Already have an oculus account? Log in" and typing the email and password without clicking a button that single handedly logs me into this "Account" because I have no idea what I am being logged into, but in this new Meta account that ate my Oculus account of which had my data and games. It used to be a Yahoo account for my Oculus and now it's just my Gmail account which has nothing, even linking my Facebook is vague and does nothing. Nothing has returned to my oculus and get this, new branching issue, I can't even pair my Oculus to use it anymore as Meta used to have a site you would visit in a URL on PC, now it is automated to pair to my mobile phone device with the same account. Although I have this and reasonably it should be working, it is not, no message, no popup, no nothing. Matter a fact, why I am writing this is beyond me given I don't trust Oculus anymore with my information because they sold it to a guy who doesn't know what he is doing and forced me to factory reset my oculus for a new os instead of retrofitting the original one that functioned perfectly fine. This is soft robbery of my assets through an issue that has lasted months now.

The reason that I and others are on the board is because we’ve had issues with Meta as well and are trying to figure out how to get our headset  to work again.  Unfortunately Meta should have sent out detailed instructions on how to move to this new account with such a difficult process but they didn’t.

I’m guessing that you were happy before these changes but I don’t think it’s prudent to criticize people who are telling you what they’ve done to get Oculus working again.

JavaJunky64
Explorer

Millions of users have been locked-out of their devices for months.  I am going on 90 days with very little help from Meta support.  I am considering a class-action lawsuit.  

Did it start after you purchased it or when you upgraded the  software?

JavaJunky64
Explorer

The unit was purchased in December 2021.  The problem started after there was a major software update in July 2022.  According to Meta, it was occurring large percentage of their users.  They have already replaced my headset once and that didn't fix the problem.  Another replacement is coming my way.  Now my wife's headset has been bricked for about a month with a login issue and no fix.  I have been without my headset for about 90 days.  My wife is going on 30+ days.

It was a newly purchased Quest 2. When turned on and give network access it auto-update the Quest software. We were never able to log into the iPhone Oculus app to complete the setup of the Quest.

Recently we tried a different, borrowed, iPhone, and it worked, but it still doesn't work on the original iPhone. Would be nice if Meta would fix their code..... but as I am now limping along with reduced functionality, I don't have the stomach to beat my head against their wall any more....

My sympathies, really. Same problem here, 90+ days, but I had some success by borrowing a different iPhone and using it to enable the Quest and setting "Developer Mode". This has allowed me to at least use SideQuest.

Mine didn’t work for a while and ended up trying numerous different things. What I  think I  discovered is I had different emails for Meta  and Facebook.  After using the same one for each  account, it finally straightened out