cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature Request: Disable Head Cursor

PeterCTucker
Explorer

I would like to submit a feature request to disable the head cursor dot when either using an APK or using a Gamepad(Xbox controller) or a voice command like "disable Head Cursor". Right now it's just so frustrating to use and flat 2D APK with it always on and no way to turn off.

5 REPLIES 5

BoardGameNick
Explorer

I agree with Peter, you should be able to provide an option that if a Bluetooth controller is connected to the headset, and the move controllers turn off, that the headset dot does not come on unless the Bluetooth controller is turned off. It’s a simple and elegant solution to this issue. I hope Oculus support will consider including this feature in a future update. 

Hello BoardGameNick, we noticed that you guys have suggestions that would possibly be helpful to improve gamer experience. To ensure that your voice gets heard, you may click here to share your ideas on the Oculus Community Ideas page. Our Oculus Community Ideas Page gives customers the opportunity to share product suggestions and ideas. We're always looking to ways to improve our product. 🙂 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

PeterCTucker
Explorer

They fixed this in settings. Marking as solved.

@PeterCTucker Is this a setting we need to turn on? I'm hoping it also works with the mouse and keyboard connected, because find the cursor annoying as well when working in Remote Display if I turn of the hand tracking.  I'd love to be able to disable this in general when not needing, using voice commands was a great idea too except I don't have access to voice commands in my region 😞

Host of the Horizon Workrooms Community Meetups
https://facebook.com/groups/horizonworkrooms

What setting I don’t see it