cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics card compatibility

BarelyACE
Honored Guest

I am looking to buy a laptop that I would be able to connect to my Quest 2 device and want to check to see if anyone has had any issues with the graphics card intended to purchase. The graphics card in question is the Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 Ti, 8GB, GDDR6.
Any advice is appreciated. 

4 REPLIES 4

RoastPork
Retired Support

From my knowledge, you should be good, but I'd check THIS article to ensure the laptop you want is fully compatible with Meta Link. I'd also consider purchasing Meta's own Link cable for the best performance. Hope this helps!

Genesis does what Nintendon't! Send me a DM if you have questions. I'm happy to help!

Thank you
I did check all the other compatibility requirements, have just been unsure re the graphics card 

Gotcha. Well, if you have any other questions or issues, feel free to write in anytime. 👍

Genesis does what Nintendon't! Send me a DM if you have questions. I'm happy to help!

@RoastPork wrote:

From my knowledge, you should be good, but I'd check THIS article to ensure the laptop you want is fully compatible with Meta Link. I'd also consider purchasing Meta's own Link cable for the best performance. Hope this helps!

Laptops can be a bit hit and miss with Link or Air Link.  Much better to avoid buying one and just get a desktop gaming PC.  More powerful, less expensive, and upgradeable.  The gpu mentioned (laptop 3070ti) should work ok but it probably would be a good idea to see if you can find users that have had success with it before buying one.  Maybe also ask your laptop supplier.

Another problem with Laptops is that they do not always supply enough power from their usb ports.  No big deal if you are using Air Link but with Link it may cause interrupt problems and will not keep your headset battery charged.  The best solution I've found is to use the 16ft Kuject powered link cable from Amazon.  It uses your Q2 charger/cable to maintain your headset battery at about 80% for like forever.  Performance is as good as with my official link cable and costs les than 1/2 as much.  Also plugs into your pc's more standard usb3 type A ports.  I've had one for +8 months now and it still works great.  Get it from Amazon and it's easy to return if you do not like it.

https://www.amazon.com/Kuject-Separate-Charging-Ultra-Durable-Accessories/dp/B09TN25765

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers