cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long for RMA?

mr2daj
Adventurer
Sent my CV1 back a week ago and kept an eye on the tracking. it got back to them in 2 days. how long does it usually take to get a new one once they receive the faulty unit?
99 REPLIES 99

mr2daj
Adventurer
Yea @cybereality has gotten the ball rolling for me after not hearing anything for weeks. Frustration just brings out the worst in people.

Chazmeister
Rising Star
Mine took 2 weeks to turn around after they had received it for RMA inspection and I have just had my new unit delivered this morning. Another user I spoke to had theirs turned around in a day, as in they got they got an email saying that a new one had been shipped the day after it had arrived for inspection. Both UK based CV1's, his problem was HDMI's disconnects and mine was a problem with the rear tracking LED's. His RMA took place during the course of mine still being there at the centre. So his had been sent of and turned around a week after I had sent mine off and he'd had a new one back last week whilst I was still waiting for any kind of news at all. There doesn't seem to be any kind of rhyme or reason to it.

Anyway, glad I finally have a replacement now, just really hope this one doesn't go faulty.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you - I was interested in seeing if most of these issues gets resolved. Mine made it's way back to them last Thursday and they can't give me an ETA - because they are still "working on it". God knows what they are working on. 

Glad you received yours and hopefully you never have to contact support again ! 🙂 Have fun!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Actually... what IS it they do when they receive the faulty device that takes so long? They charge your CC the moment it gets processed for shipping. Doesn't that mean they should send you a replacement/refund the moment you send it back? This just smells so unethical...

PravusJSB
Expert Protege

Well, I am actually sorry it's taking this long. I do try to help when I can.

I apologise, it was late in the day and your reply struck me as rude. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

pvsleeper said:

Actually... what IS it they do when they receive the faulty device that takes so long? They charge your CC the moment it gets processed for shipping. Doesn't that mean they should send you a replacement/refund the moment you send it back? This just smells so unethical...

My guess would be that they first do a superficial check to ensure there is actually a hardware fault, rather than the customer having suffered from a software incompatibility or motherboard fault that wasn't properly identified from the logs. That may be quicker where there are known faults, or connector damage can be easily seen, and slower where they have to run additional diagnostics.

PravusJSB said:

Well, I am actually sorry it's taking this long. I do try to help when I can.

I apologise, it was late in the day and your reply struck me as rude. 

One thing I have to remind myself is that interceding on our behalf with Oculus Support is most probably not part of Cybereality's job. I'd be surprised if he's supposed to do more than give information where he can, pass on general queries where he doesn't know (or isn't authorised to give) an answer, and deal with the usual problems that arise on a forum.

That he's so often put in the position of acting as front-line support isn't any more fair on him than it is on us - Oculus Support should be checking to see why individual cases have long delays, and giving updates on timescales.

I have no sympathy for Oculus, but I do have a lot of sympathy for Cybereality, and if I knew the pressures they were under I suspect I'd have at least some sympathy for a lot of the people who work there.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Yeah, everyone here is super busy, but we're doing what we can. Unfortunately RMAs are a particularly complex and time-consuming process that's not really working for anyone.

If you aren't getting the response you need, please feel free to send me a PM and I can look into it. I agree that this shouldn't be necessary, but it's too easy for things to fall between the cracks considering the volume of tickets coming in and the tools available to help customers.

Hope that makes sense.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Zandil
Rising Star
Just what I needed to hear considering that I'm shipping mine back to Oculus today lol

PIXELATED
Adventurer

Zandil said:

Just what I needed to hear considering that I'm shipping mine back to Oculus today lol

Why?
Just curious...
Win 10 Pro, GTX 1080, Asus Z170 Deluxe, Nvidia 391.35

LZoltowski
Champion
Plus @cybereality has us deputies to help keep the peace 🙂 "To virtually serve and protect" ... He is doing a sterling job for as many people as he can. Directing your rage at him is not a human thing to do. No matter what a company does I am always courteous to the people who work for them. It's not their fault, and they are doing their job. 

Perhaps I have a different outlook on things, I am a CEO of my company who has worked though every level there is ... started plugging in ethernet cables under peoples desks. I have more empathy for people working in all walks of life because of that. Once you understand corporate mechanics you never shit on the people whose shoulders are burdened by it. 
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂