cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huge performance issues playing games in SteamVR with Oculus Rift S, please help!

ASchneiderBR
Protege

Hello
everyone. I’m writing this since I have done everything I could to solve this
problem, it has been more than a month now, no luck.

I’m having
massive problems running SteamVR with my Oculus Rift S as well as many friends:
Frame drops, stuttering, FPS cut by half and image ghosting (time warp/motion
smoothing).

The puzzling
part is that my computer resources are never maxed out, usually about 50% of
usage on both CPU and GPU. Here are my PC specs:

l2gpy7tlxuyz.png

This problem
should not happen at all, especially with a RTX 2080ti, I believe.

Here’s a few images of me showing the exact moment it happens playing Pavlov (not a very
intensive game): FPS drops, motion smoothing kicks in, time frames graphs goes
to the roof and still all resources seems to be available for the game
rendering, very strange!

92zegpugwgk6.pngnikq1v5cdiaw.png7zbwxj783o0p.png

Here’s an
image of the FPS count:

ezh1zvrisvd2.jpg

Can
someone here please help me out? This could assist many people that I know as
well.

Please
let me know if more information is needed.

AS A SIDE NOTE: these performance issues also happens when playing at "ground level", randomly and less intensive than the videos shown.
Please let me know if more information is needed.

FULL REDDIT POST: https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/fgxe8k/huge_performance_issues_playing_games_in_steamvr/ 

Thank you very much!

22 REPLIES 22

Unknown37
Honored Guest
  • Sorry, no clue, just here to make sure this post doesn't die. My friend having somewhat the same problem.  He gets less the 1fps in steamvr games and this is a out of nowhere problem.  He hasn't touch vr in a while and it sucks that he has came back to a crappy bug. He uses OpenComposite now as it the only way to play steamvr games but for games like boneworks, his hands are not in the correct position but the menu lazer is. Hope a fix comes out. 

DaddyKermit
Explorer

Hello I been having the same issue but I realized that my Steam VR hz max is supposed to be 80hz but it jumps to 127hz and over its something to with the newer Oculus update either they are not reacting right with each other but im working on a fix I will keep everyone updated if you have any issues/questions here is my discord and what I mean by issues I mean like new VR issues I look in to Oculus issues all the time

Discord : DaddyKermit2.0#0610

Marcelionus
Honored Guest

I had this problem as well, but only on one of my computers. The difference was that in the computer with the performance issue I wad running razor cortex. If so, disable! Razor cortex shuts down processen to communicate between oculus and steam VR.