cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sque_ze
Explorer

I haven’t made an avatar so my character just shows up as a grey man. I don’t care what the avatar looks like, but I don’t want to have to see the arms or torso! Is there any way to disable the avatar or go back to the original oculus transparent hands?

edit: In the comments the feature seems to be in the works!

242 Comments
AiroKunOmega
Protege

Add a setting to be able to swap between ghost hands and Avatar arms in home.

Kevo348
Honored Guest

What is it with you lot changing things and not allowing the user a choice?!?
you still haven’t allowed us to change our avatars once set, and now this. Just make it an option to turn on or off please instead of leaving us no choice.

AiroKunOmega
Protege

@Kevo348agreed! If a new update made it so you could only play single saber in beat saber, people wouldn't play! Same thing here

Gamer4days2007
Honored Guest

fr, i feel like im made of plastic with these goofy ahh arms

Mattumanu
Explorer

No, just fix the issue. This is an ongoing problem at "Meta". You don't understand your users and you just add things thinking it's going to be great. The arms are creep AF. The don't actually match my real arms. I can't turn it off. You have NO IDEA how annoying it is that I can't TURN IT OFF!

Mattumanu
Explorer

Make a way to change this. It's creepy AF and doesn't match my real arms. GDIATH what's wrong with you people? CARMACK what the F*** are you doing?

Edit: I just uninstalled Meta Horizons. POS has no place in my world.

mitchollow
Honored Guest

Allow me to turn off Avatar arms please. Has totally distracted me from my immersive experience. Mark Zuckerberg even said as much in two interviews on Lex Freeman and Joe Rogan that arms are a distraction. Why have they been added as a forced feature?

turp182
Explorer

The arms are terrible. I would say it just makes me laugh but I'm trying to develop for the Quest 2 and it just makes me angry because NO ONE wants this.

It's as if Meta is trying to squander and give away it's massive VR headset lead in the market.

Shyassasain
Honored Guest

Yeah the new body looks terrible, can we get an option to turn it off?

LurchSta
Honored Guest

The arms are ugly and the maximum uncanny valley. Why are they so grey and thin and inhuman. I just want them gone.