cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Oculus App on Drive OTHER THAN C: Drive

trkent26
Explorer
Hi,

I have spent the past several hours attempting to run the initial Oculus Setup, but every time I get past the Terms and Conditions I get a screen saying that I cannot connect to the Oculus Servers (which I know is false--my Internet is working fine). After scrolling through several other forums and posts, I think if I am able to install the App onto any drive besides my C: drive (I have three drives -- C:, D:, and F:), my problems will be solved. BUT, I cannot figure out how to start the installation on my F: drive. I have tried to follow the steps on this page: 

https://support.oculus.com/help/oculus/1676275305961321/

numerous times. Whenever I enter "OculusSetup /drive:F" into Run, Windows replies something similar to:

"Windows cannot find 'OculusSetup'. Please check your spelling and try again."

If anyone has suggestions for installing on separate drives, any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!
104 REPLIES 104

Camos1011
Honored Guest

Okay. Figured it out once and for all.

I can't believe Oculus nor Meta could make the right instructions.

It's ridiculous.

Here it is once and for all.

1. Place OculusSetup.exe in the new drive directory (i.e. F:).

2. Press Win+R to bring up run prompt and type cmd then "Enter".

3. Type cd/ after C:\Users\(username)>.

4. Type OculusSetup.exe /drive=[drive] after C:\>.

5. Presto!

Works like a charm every time and I'm a newb.

The problem are the subsequent directories are the problem and might be in conflict with certain usernames (ones with spaces i.e. first and last names or companies).

This method had the most consistent results so had to share to put the final nail in the coffin to this problem.

MrJDucky
Honored Guest

Windows Key -> CMD -> Then type:

cd C:\Users\<username>\Downloads

Then type 

OculusSetup.exe /drive=<Drive Letter>

It should then install.

GiantIan
Honored Guest

The only problem I was having is make sure there is a space between the e and / symbol.  They don't state this in the online solution for some reason. 

Alakelele
Expert Protege

A shame we still have to deal with that in 2022, what kind of engineer is working on that project ?

And it looks like this will continue into 2023.

I have just reinstalled my whole PC and cannot find any way to let it install the Oculus App onto my C drive. It's an NTFS NVME M.2 drive with over 300GB of free space.

So I am having to install it to my Games SSD.

HOLY BLEEP HOLY BLEEP HOLY BLEEP! IT WORKED! THIS IS WHAT WORKED! THE DOWNLOAD STARTED!

finally! i can use my airlink!

aaaaaand it stopped at 5.12gb/5.15gb. looking for a solve now.

This is the answer!
Although you would have to cd into whatever folder you downloaded the OculusSetup.exe file to. In my case I downloaded it to my F drive's download folder (F:\Download).

Most people will probably be downloaded to:

C:\Users\<username>\Downloads

Then run the the command (when you are in the folder where the OculusSetup.exe exists):

OculusSetup.exe /drive=<Drive Letter>

Now when the setup window pops up it has a drop down for the different drive letters... so dumb. It should be visible from the beginning without having to use a command to setup in a different drive!!

Its not hard to implement...

Pursou
Honored Guest

I got it to work easily for people who are having problems, all you have to do is locate where you put the OculusSetup app in your files and left click and right click to get the option to "Copy as path"

Once its copied, press Windows+R and type "cmd"

Once in the command console paste the path, remove the quotations, and add " /drive=[D,F or any drive letter you want it to be]"

Make sure you add the space after the .exe part

If I remember correctly you also need to have the installer file on the same drive that you are installing to.