cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meta Horizon Workrooms (Beta) throws WorkroomsOCGatekeeperClientService error

maxcreeper360
Explorer

Hello,

I currently own an oculus quest 2 and recently installed Meta Horizon Workrooms (Beta) last night.  It worked perfectly fine the entire night. All the features were great, and it launched successfully. However, I tried booting it up this afternoon and it made me set my desk boundary and then it loaded in the loading screen for a few seconds. Then suddenly, it throws an error that says:

An unexpected error occurred

Failed initializing the OCGatekeeperClient

(WorkroomsOCGatekeeperClientService) service.

Please use the Oculus button to quit Workrooms and relaunch the app.

I tried relaunching Workrooms, reinstalling it, and rebooting the quest. Also, my quest is up to date.

66 REPLIES 66

gray screen of workroom death, please fix it meta!

I think it's a software bug from Meta, I hope a META employee will help us solve this. All other apps work, only Meta Workrooms throws the error described above.

IdoSudo
Explorer

Yeah, frustrating. Still, incredible free software, once we get it going. It's pretty easy to pile on Meta these days, but there's some American element in me that wants to root for what is now suddenly an apparent underdog. I ordered a Quest Pro because my Quest 2 is twice the machine now than when I bought it thanks to Meta software updates. I feel somewhat confident the Quest Pro will double in functionality as well, if not even triple, making the three fold price over the Quest 2 somewhat reasonable.

Fair point, but with a $500 headset having issues every few minutes, I'm not sure I want to spend $1,500 on a "better" one which will probably have almost as many problems.

gdgtron
Honored Guest

I had the Quest 1 at launch and was very impressed. Not much of a gamer so I didn't really use it much. I remember turning it on a few months later and was very impressed at how many new features and how different everything looked... fast forward to now, Meta won me over with the Quest Pro marketing highlighting its many productivity features... like the Horizon Workrooms virtual monitors feature, which is what I bought this $1500+ headset for. 

With Meta's track record of Quest support through software updates, I agree that this will eventually be taken care of by Meta. Unfortunate and quite disappointing that I have to wait to use it though...

Bernard-Lowe
Explorer

I have same bug but mine came after an even bigger one. Essentially I've got Quest Pro since last Friday and tried to use Workrooms pretty much immediately after setting it up. I used it many time in my Quest 2, more about this later. The bug I have is when entering a meeting room (any), it takes forever (at least 2 min) and eventually open the room but I'm not sitting on a chair and instead standing in another part of the room where I can't do anything. My controllers are on the floor and essentially I have to quit the app. I've had that same experience ever since... even worth I have the same problem now on Quest 2! I've factory reset the headset and reinstall and same problem. I decided to create a new account and added on the headset (as a multi account) and this time when I try to launch workrooms and go in a meeting room I have that same error message as per above (WorkroomsOCGatekeeperClientService error). I'm not sure if they are related but thought I'd share my experience. Next thing I'll try is a factory reset and clean install with totally new account. Will report if it doesn't work still.

Thank you very much, I can only imagine that something is broken in Workrooms during the last update and hopefully Meta can help us.

Thank you, that's interesting. I don't want to try a reset just yet, but please let me know if it works!

Ok quick update. Have just done a full factory reset on Quest Pro, install with a brand new Meta account, install Workrooms (only) try to launch and I got this exact same error message (WorkroomsOCGatekeeperClientService error). Meta/Oculus team this sounds like a serious bug that needs looking into. I've asked work colleagues to see if they experience same issue with their Quest 2. I'm preparing an important client meeting in two weeks time where I'm hoping to show how cool Workrooms is. Please help us help you fix this. 

Thank you, I have the Quest 2 since 2 days and had the problem also since the beginning with the mentioned error. I hope that Meta will solve the problem for us quickly, so that I can finally use the feature in the meetings.