cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meta Horizon Workrooms (Beta) throws WorkroomsOCGatekeeperClientService error

maxcreeper360
Explorer

Hello,

I currently own an oculus quest 2 and recently installed Meta Horizon Workrooms (Beta) last night.  It worked perfectly fine the entire night. All the features were great, and it launched successfully. However, I tried booting it up this afternoon and it made me set my desk boundary and then it loaded in the loading screen for a few seconds. Then suddenly, it throws an error that says:

An unexpected error occurred

Failed initializing the OCGatekeeperClient

(WorkroomsOCGatekeeperClientService) service.

Please use the Oculus button to quit Workrooms and relaunch the app.

I tried relaunching Workrooms, reinstalling it, and rebooting the quest. Also, my quest is up to date.

66 REPLIES 66

Hm okay, so you're able to log in on the website version, but get an error in the VR app, correct? Are you able to access other online apps? Also, if you're on a VPN, you could try disabling it. Sometimes VPNs can make Horizon things not quite work right.

I'd also suggest double checking that your headset is on the most recent update. It should always update automatically, but it's always worth checking! You can find the steps to check and manually update it here.

Make sure you smash that Kudos button!

Medix1a
Protege
The headset is up to date. 
Exactly on the website I can log in to my booth computer.
I also use other apps on the Oculus to watch movies together, etc. 
This works, I get the error only with Horizon Workrooms.

I do not have a VPN etc. activated.

Thanks for those details. To be honest, this is the extent of what I know in regards to support/troubleshooting Horizon Workrooms. Since everything seems to check out, your best bet is going to be to report a bug in your headset. That will get the right info to the right people so they can look into it. 

You can also submit a support ticket here to get some further assistance. They might be able to figure out more of what's happening there!

My experience is the same as Medix1a. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Workrooms, logged into Workrooms online to create a meeting space, ran the Meta Quest Remote Destop App, opened up Meetings on the Quest, and still "Failed initializing the OCGatekeeperClient. 

I have posted a bug report, I think it is the best idea to do it this way, as this way the engineers have all the necessary information about the installed software and hopefully can reproduce it better.

One more question, do you get feedback on the bug report?

Otherwise thanks for your support 🙂 

Tried reinstalling the app and it's still not working getting the original error still.  I was very much considering upgrading my quest to a quest pro, but this doesn't give me much confidence.  I'll try again in a month.

Nope. Still happening

BlueberrieSmoothie
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Thanks to everyone for sharing that this error still happening for them. Sounds like the fix worked for some, but not everyone. We'll make sure to let our engineering team know so they can look into it further and figure out what's going on. Hopefully they can get a fix for everyone soon. 😊

For anyone still having the error, make sure you try uninstalling and reinstalling first, and then keep doing what you're doing and let us know by posting in this thread! You can also submit a bug report to help out our engineering team.

(Also, @Medix1a , sometimes you'll get a reply or feedback from the bug report, but typically you won't. Sorry for the late answer there!)

IdoSudo
Explorer

SOLVED!!!

I kept checking, and finally there was an update available for my Quest 2. After updating, Horizon Workroom was gone. I reinstalled it, and everything now works like a charm. Thanks to all the guys and gals at Meta for sorting this out. I am so excited about Workrooms!

Medix1a
Protege
SOLVED! 🙂 
I can also confirm that Meta Workrooms now works, the above mentioned bug is gone and you can now work in your virtual office again or discuss things together in a meeting. 
Many thanks to Meta for the really fast solution of the problem. 

Meta Workrooms is really extremely awesome, it's one of the most advanced tools for remote teams that I know of and definitely the future for us software developers.

I'm happy to work with the community and Meta to further optimize the software and the Quest. 

Thanks also to @BlueberrieSmoothie  for being so supportive and helping us out.