cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My oculus quest 2 is charging very slow.

LandonMeadows
Explorer

So months after I got the oculus quest 2, charging it is now very slow. It takes more than 3 days to charge it! I even have the oculus quest 2 powered off fully! I need help ASAP. The new charger I was given worked fast before. (My oculus charger box got lost in spider webs, and I have arachnophobia, so don't talk about the default charger.)

6 REPLIES 6

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Landon, we hear you're having some issues charging your headset. We want to make sure we get your device charging properly, and we appreciate you letting us know your device is powered off fully while you charge. We also see that your original charger is inaccessible to you at the moment. Have you ever used the original charger, or just 3rd party chargers? This could effect how the headset charges.

Some more troubleshooting to explore:

• Do not charge while playing. This can effect the headset's battery, causing it to charge slow.
  • Your headset battery may be too hot and may need to cool down before charging
  • Make sure your charging port isn't damaged by plugging in your charger and holding it there to see if that makes a difference.
  • You can find a brand new Quest 2 charging cable at our official site: https://www.oculus.com/accessories/quest-2/
  • If you are still having charging issues, you can reach out to us so we can look into our options: https://ocul.us/ContactSupport
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

what? so no pcvr then bc the headset CHARGES while PLUGGED INTO A PC?? are you guys serious rn? YOU HAVE TO PLAY WHILE CHARGING IN PCVR!!! like what???

airlink is a thing…

Skiedragon
Explorer

yes bc airlink charges now, smh, another person responds who doesn't understand the issue,  also the battery is shot, it discharges when the quest is OFF, plus the black void issue and guardian dropping all the time due to v39 and controller drift.

im using the original charger but it still never charges, what should i do?
-love Josiah

Hey there, and thank you for your patience! We thank you for bringing this to our attention. We understand that your original charger is still not charging your device and know how this can hinder your gaming experience. No worries; we'll be happy to help. Could you please try the following:

• Have you tried another cable to see if it will charge your device?

We're looking forward to your response!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!