cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus app not working

Lilpickleguy
Honored Guest

When I open up the oculus app on my pc it starts checking the status of my Oculus app.

But after a while it gives me an error saying can't reach oculus app.

And I did everything I could find on the internet and it still doesn't work.

Anyone got a fix?

15 REPLIES 15

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, Lilpickleguy! The fundamental ability to stay connected to the Oculus app is absolutely paramount to access PCVR content of the headset; especially, if you're on the Rift platform. We totally get it which is why we're going to do our best to sort this out for you as quickly as we can. We have some steps you can take to to correct this.

If you haven't already, make sure your Oculus app is updated to the most recent V37 build. That way, you have access to the latest hot fixes and application support. If your app is already updated, it may be a corrupted file within the software that's causing a connectivity error. Chances are, of those online community suggestions, you've already attempted to uninstall and reinstall the app. Most users will do this inside of the control panel, then immediately reinstall the app afterwards. While that works most of the time, there are a few folders that remain even after uninstalling that can have corrupted/missing files causing the software to not function as it should.

After uninstalling inside of the control panel/settings app, you should delete the following folders:

• C:\Program Files
  • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData
  • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Local
  • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\LocalLow
  • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Roaming
  • C:\OculusSetup-DownloadCache

After removing those folders, restart your computer and reinstall the setup tool from our website here.

If the app still experiences connectivity issues even after a clean installation, we'd ask that you open up a ticket within our support channel; we'll reach out to you as quickly as we can manage! Be sure to include a description of your issue, a picture of the error, as well as your Oculus log files, which can be generated by doing the following:

1. Open the Run window (Windows key + R).
  2. Enter and run: C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics\OculusLogGatherer.exe
    • The above link is the default directory. Bear in mind that if you installed Oculus Home to another drive you will need to update the command with the correct file path.
  3. Select the checkbox next to ‘Full logs’.
  4. Select "1 day" from the "Collect last" drop down list.
  5. Wait for the log collection to finish. This can take some time to complete.
  6. The program will automatically generate a zip file containing your logs, which will be saved to your desktop automatically.
  7. Attach the newly created zip file to your next support response.
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Arblayd
Honored Guest

Hi, you may have it fixed by now as this is 4 months old, but if anyone else if having this problem, my fix was to download the Oculus app straight from the Oculus website at https://store.facebook.com/quest/setup/

It didn't work / wouldn't open when I tried the download for "Oculus Ready App" from the Microsoft App Store.

I hope this helps someone!

Greetings!
Actions don't help. The application does not pass the status check.
Uninstalled the application several times, reinstalled, deleted the Oculus folders.
The app was running a week ago.

I got superhot vr on pc but when i try play it on my oculus it just says i have to connect the oculus to the pc but my ocukus is already connected,  plus i cant see any of the game on my vr from pc 

OCULUS APP STATUS.PNG

TUAREGS
Explorer

Since there is silence here, I begin to look for the cause everywhere. To begin with, the Oculus program got into the boot sector of the disk. Question: what is she doing there?
I will look for answers everywhere.

Hey @TUAREGS! We know Oculus Home issues are discouraging, so we'd be glad to help out! 

In order to gain some more insight, could you please answer the following:

1. When was this first noticed? 
  2. Were there any recent updates that may have happened? (PC, Headset, Oculus Home app)
  3. Have you made sure your drivers are up to date?
  4. Have you also checked your Windows 10/11 version?
  5. What has already been tested? (So to not repeat anything)
  6. Have you tested a different network? (Hotspot)

Once we have this information, we can look into some further possibilities!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Greetings!

This is the TUAREGS. Can't sign in to my Oculus account anymore. Therefore, I created a new one for communication in this topic.

1. July 22-23

2. Not sure. There were no hardware upgrades. Automatic updating of Windows and drivers is disabled. Oculus is updating automatically, maybe I didn't notice the update.

3. No. Drivers have not been updated because new drivers break the computer too often.

4. No.

5. Multiple reinstallation of the Oculus application, deletion of the Oculus folders in ProgramFiles and AppData. Disabling Windows Firewall. Change of e-mail in the Oculus account, after which he lost the opportunity to log into his TUAREGS account.

6. No. There is no possibility, there is only one computer, connected via cable, not Wi-Fi.

I assume your answer: Install the latest drivers and then everything will work. No, I will not break a stable working system. Everything works stably in my computer, except for the Oculus, so the problem is in it.
If it is possible to restore the performance of my Oculus Rift S without installing updates, I will be very happy. And if not, then I will look for other solutions, I will try to recover the password in the Oculus account, I will get to the bottom of the question: why is Oculus embedded in the boot sectors of the disk. And of course, from now on I will refuse Oculus equipment, forcing me to create a Facebook account, which I don’t need at all.
Please give users the opportunity to install stable versions of the software, albeit old ones. I have already read on the VR user forums that after installing new Oculus drivers, frequent errors begin.

Thank you!

Greetings!
After changing the e-mail in Facebook, I managed to log into my Oculus account again. Do you have some kind of revolution going on there? 🙂 Joke.
I still have no changes. Reinstalled the Oculus app again. Oculus App Status: Unable to contact Oculus service.
Maybe there are some alternative options to launch a device for half a thousand euros? It is somehow strange that an officially installed application for an officially purchased device cannot pass the official status check.
Want to play. 🙂