cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus quest 2 goes to sleep in a few minutes

isingo
Explorer
I'm trying to watch Amazon Prime Video on Oculus quest 2.
But after a few minutes of watching the video, the screen goes black.
After that, by pressing the power button, the screen turns on and the Video starts playing.
Perhaps it seems that not moving the head is causing a problem.
Not moving my head for a few minutes causes the same problem with the Oculus Home.

I changed the time to sleep setting to 4 hours, but it still goes to black.
After trying many things, I found that the only way to keep it from turning black was to keep moving my head.

I want to watch Video without moving.
Please let me know if you have any solutions.

67 REPLIES 67

MartinBooker72
Honored Guest
Could this issue be the same thing that keeps disconnecting my Link ? I've been trialling this with iRacing so I'm not actually using the controllers for long periods while racing.. All the while I'm setting up and playing around with settings and graphics options it seems to work ok.. When I start putting some laps in and have the controllers put to one side I more often than not get a black screen followed by "You returned to quest home" when I press the power button on the headset

isingo
Explorer

Could this issue be the same thing that keeps disconnecting my Link ? I've been trialling this with iRacing so I'm not actually using the controllers for long periods while racing.. All the while I'm setting up and playing around with settings and graphics options it seems to work ok.. When I start putting some laps in and have the controllers put to one side I more often than not get a black screen followed by "You returned to quest home" when I press the power button on the headset

No, you should be moving your head while playing the game. In that situation, this issue won't happen.

ellismusic1
Expert Protege
you can adjust the sleep timer in option

lorez77
Explorer
Anybody tried it yet with the new update?

ufostraker64
Explorer
Hi, I've just downloaded the new firmware upgrade and I watched a movie with skybox for 15 minutes without any problem. To be precise I've deselected free hands controlling as well. But it looks like they fixed it, great !

britesky87
Explorer
I have the latest firmware on my Quest 2, and disabled hand tracking, but it still turns off for me after a few minutes. The 4 hour sleep setting does nothing. Happens in Youtube VR, bigscreen, or any immersive web content. It's really irritating that it goes to sleep mid watching content. I can't believe Facebook engineers allowed such a glaring blunder. You would think there are simple proximity sensors that detect whether the thing is on your head. Is Oculus really relying on head MOVEMENT to detect whether you are wearing the headset?? I really hope this is not the case. Either way, will file a support ticket soon.

lorez77
Explorer
I just tried with Skybox. It entered sleep after a little bit, just like before. They didn't fix the issue yet.

britesky87
Explorer
Heard back from support saying they are aware of the problem and it'll be fixed mid-November when the new update comes out.

ufostraker64
Explorer
To be precise....I tried it , as I said,  with hands control disabled and with both controllers put on a table. I've been watching the movie for about 15 min with no sleep. Could it be for the stable controller position? Well, if someone tries , let us know

lorez77
Explorer
As britesky87 said they are aware of the problem. Nothing we can do except wait for the update coming mid November.