cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay METHODS

shunt1358
Honored Guest

I'm trying to purchase games from your store using my PayPal account as for some strange reason Oculus won't accept my debit card.

When I try to purchase something with my PayPal I get the below message.

Purchase Failed. Unable to add this payment method. Please try again.

We noticed something unusual and, for your security, this request couldn't be completed. Please try again later, or visit our Help Center.

End of message.

I would really appreciate some help as all I have got is demos and can't get more content.

Thank you.

Peter

1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, thanks so much for reaching out! We noticed that you're experiencing trouble using your PayPal card to purchase games. We know this is not the best position to be in when you are trying to complete your game purchase. Rest assured, we are here to help! 🙂

If you wish to use PayPal, please note the following:

• Your PayPal account must be verified. Unverified accounts will not work.
  • Your billing address for PayPal must be in a country that we ship to. Please click here to review the list of those countries.
  • For customers who are contacting Oculus Support from the Asia-Pacific region, a credit card or bank account must be associated with your PayPal account.

In addition, some payment issues could be tied to the form of payment. For customers within the United States, we accept the following payment methods:

PAYMENT METHOD TYPES

• VISA
  • MasterCard
  • AMEX - American Express transactions with our payment system must be in USD.

We cannot guarantee what payment method types will or will not work for customers outside of the United States. However, most of the types listed above will work in other countries that we ship to. Please click here to review the list of those countries.

You may also want to try a different payment method such as gift card/pre-paid cards, e-cards and virtual master cards. 

PRE-PAID CARDS / GIFT CARDS

For a pre-paid or gift card to work with our systems, it must be associated with a billing address and be able to have funds reloaded back onto it.

Many gift cards do not meet both of these criteria so they cannot be added.

E-CARDS AND VIRTUAL MASTERCARDS

Most E-cards and Virtual Master Cards are accepted as forms of payment.

Hope this information is helpful.

Enjoy your Holiday Season! 🙂

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!