cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QUEST 2 Controllers defective, Supplies of replacements limited

P0PT4RD
Protege

I recently bought a 128gb Quest2 through MDG finance.

I've been playing it for less than a month with the batteries that came with the device. Upon replacing the batteries just this morning, The right controller completely died in the middle of a game. The controller will 'pair' and 'unpair' via the phone app, But the controller does not respond AT ALL in the HMD itself. Likewise, The LED on the controller does not light up either.

Without going into too many details because of NDAs and the like, I've been working for one of your QA departments for awhile now (At least since August of 2021) and never had problems with the work equipment however my brand-new personal Q2 is having this controller issue when I do not treat it any more or less rough during play than I do the one provided by work.

- Tried taking the batteries out for four hours with the HMD turned off.

- I have tried replacing the batteries AGAIN. 

- I have tried pairing and unpairing the trouble controller and indeed, Both of them. (Even the LED lights on the right controller refuse to light up) the phone app CLAIMS the controller is paired.

- I have tried a factory reset on the Quest2 hmd itself giving ample time for any firmware updates to the HMD or controllers to update but again, No change.

The only thing I can think of that caused this is in the game Population: One you need to rapidly shake your active hand (The right controller) in order to 'charge' a drink item before consuming it. My worry is that this action might have shaken something loose. It was shortly after doing this a third time to recover my in-game health that the controller tracking suddenly went haywire and shortly after the controller died.

I have already submitted a ticket to Meta (Request 4715133) but considering this appears to be a known issue with the left or right controllers failing after minimal use, And also considering there is a current massive shortage of Oculus replacement paddles this means I'm going to be paying MDG each month for a device I can't even use.

15 REPLIES 15

P0PT4RD
Protege

Okay, This is starting to border on unacceptable. I haven't had email, Phonecall or any communication at all concerning my RMA since *April 26, 2022* 

It's been OVER A MONTH and my financers who I bought the product from keep calling me every day during work to ask me why I haven't heard any word back on my ticket or device. 

The complete lack of communication is appalling for a input device that costs upwards of 200$ in our local currency.

P0PT4RD
Protege

Bump. Still no emails or communications from Meta. No replacement controller I RMA'd months ago. What's going on?

Hey there. This is not an experience we like to hear about for our customers. We looked into this and will need you to PM us ticket numbers and other information we want to keep private, and to assist you as quickly as possible. We hope you reach out and allow us to remedy this.

Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

P0PT4RD
Protege

I am glad it was just a clerical error and not anything terrible. I'm just glad it was able to be resolved. I got my tracking info in the email finally and hopefully I'll be able to enjoy my Q2 unit again! 

I had actually just mvoed too so I had a spare room just for work/Play with the Q2 units.

As of yesterday my Controller arrived and after getting some time to try it out this morning on some Pop One, I can say it all works great! Thank you for fixing the snafu so promptly.

We are so glad to hear that your controller arrived. It is always a pleasure to help our customers and get them back to gaming. See you in the Metaverse!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?