cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 Entering Sleep Mode On It’s Own Continuously

PikachuSaimatsu
Honored Guest

Hey so I was playing Demeo on the Quest 2 when the headset randomly entered sleep mode. I thought it was a little weird but went on but 2 minutes later it happened again, and again, and again. The Quest 2 kept entering sleep mode every 1-2 minutes while I was using it and was really annoying. Does anyone know how to fix this?

9 REPLIES 9

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there PikachuSaimatsu! It appears that you are having some issues with your Quest 2 entering sleep mode during game play. We definitely understand how immersion breaking that can be and we'd love to help you out with this! We'd like to try a few troubleshooting steps with you. Can you please perform the following:

• Reboot your headset by pressing and holding down the power button for at least 10 seconds.
  • Ensure that there are no updates required.
  • Last Resort - Factory Reset. You can find instructions for how to perform a Factory Reset by clicking here.

Please let us know if any of those steps worked for you. We will be standing by just in case further assistance is needed!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @PikachuSamimatsu we want to make sure that everything was solved out for you.
We realize that not having your device working properly can be worrying, and we want to make sure that we do everything possible to relieve some of that stress.

Please reach out to us if you are still experiencing issues.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hash_Brownzzz
Honored Guest

This same thing has been happening to me along with the passthrough glitching.

Hey @Hash_Brownzzz! We hate to see your device isn't feeling well, we know that's not a fun situation to be in. If you've already tried all of the troubleshooting steps provided, you can reach out to our support team here for further assistance!

FadedRose2011
Honored Guest

Hello I was having the same problem with my quest to going into sleep mode and not coming out. Quest 2 going into sleep mode and not coming out. I went to the chat section here and went all through the process. You have to follow up on the email and go all the way through the process but I wound up getting my headset replaced. I don't think there is a fix for this guys I think that's the only way to do it

Factory rest has no effect on the Quest 2 going into sleep mode. This has been an issue for me as well for almost a year now. I really wish Meta would take our comments seriously and fix this issue. 

Hey there, @ChazzReinhold! We can definitely understand your concerns with your headset going into sleep mode on it's own, and how that would definitely impact your VR experience. We'd love to help out! Please reach out to us through our support site, seeing as you've already tried a factory reset we'll want to look into some further options for you to get this resolved. We'll be looking forward to hearing from you! 

Just wanted to follow this up and say I got my replacement headset there was a hiccup at first but it seems to be operating right now so the entire process took maybe a little over a week

I sent back to Meta on Thursday. I hope to get my replacement soon.