cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 Link Black Screen and/or Restart Loop

Imag_ing
Explorer

Hello,

Since last friday, Oculus Link stopped working.

When I launch it, the screen either stays black, or the Oculus Link restarts indefinitely.

GPU:

- Quadro P5200

What I tried:

- Restarting the Quest 2

- Restarting Oculus PC App

- Restarting PC

- Reinstalling the latest NVidia drivers

- Forcing the use of GPU instead of integrated graphics

- Turning off the NVidia In-game Overlay

- Opting in then out of the public testing channel

- Using Air Link

- Lowering the Encode Resolution Width both in the Diagnostics Tools, and in the Oculus PC App

- Pressing the Oculus Power Button for 30s

- Factory Resetting the headset

- Running an SFC scan

- Phisically threatening the headset

- Homeopathy

Has anyone fixed their issue with another approach ?

In the meantime I will open a ticket as well I guess.

Anyway, have a lovely day.

10 REPLIES 10

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello there! We love PCVR as much as the next VR enthusiast, and we know how it feels when you're not able to use the Quest 2 to get the full experience of PCVR. Troubleshooting is definitely not as much fun as playing in PCVR, but we hope to be able to get you back into PCVR as soon as possible! Thank you for letting us know you are also putting in a support ticket, it really helps streamline the process!  

I was able to locate your support ticket number, and saw that we are patiently waiting for your reply. To keep the process smooth and efficient, we ask that you keep to our email support channel to receive the quickest and most thorough support, especially with the extent of troubleshooting Link and AirLink issues can cause. At your earliest convenience, please respond back to your support agent, and we will continue to assist in getting you back into the wonderful world of PCVR! We are looking forward to hearing back from you, we are here to help!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hello, it is nice to know things are going as fast as they can.

It seems weird that you are still waiting for an answer because I responded 30min ago with new logs.

But anyway, thank you a lot for your help !

Imag_ing
Explorer

Hello,

The Oculus Support solved it, here is what worked in my case:

Restart your computer after completing these steps.

Imag_ing
Explorer

Well it worked just the time to play one scene in Unity, then the issue came back.

Imag_ing
Explorer

What was causing this in my cas was the OpenXR Plugin backend used by the Oculus Integration in Unity.

When I switched to the Legacy OVRPlugin, no more black screen in Link. The dash button stays unusable in game, but it might be directly related to my project because it does not happen in other projects or games.

In Unity :

-Oculus -> Tools -> OpenXR -> Switch to Legacy OVRPlugin (with LibOVR and VRAPI backends)

Then after doing the steps to repair uninstall reinstall the Oculus PC app I can launch my project without it making my Oculus Link go rogue.

The dash button does not work though, but in my case it is not really tragic.

Thank you Oculus Support for your help and reactivity !

Cheers 🤗

Imag_ing
Explorer

Hello, new issue, the exact same one actually.

The Oculus Link displays the oculus logo when it loads, then it looks like some dark grey pixels got torn in front of the black pixels of the screen, then it freezes there before trying to reload Oculus Link indefinitely.

This issue does not occur on another computer with an older version of the Oculus Desktop App.

It worked well yesterday, but when I updated the Oculus Link desktop app with the latest version, it broke.

Is there any way of rolling back to a previous version of the desktop app ?

Hey there, thanks for reaching out to us with this excellent question! We don't have an avenue that provides insight into reverting the desktop app version. If this is a route you'd like to continue to seek, we'd recommend scoping out other sources that may contain the answers you're requesting.  

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I use 2 computers (two laptops), on which Oculus Link used to work well. Last week I made the update to the v38, and it did not break anything on one, but the issue described earlier happened on the other.

I tried:

- updating the drivers

- uninstall-reinstall Oculus on PC

- factory reset the headset

- the troubleshooting procedures sent by the support the first time I had this problem.

Will also send logs to the support by e-mail today.

Cheers

cecarlsen
Honored Guest

I have the same issue. Two machines. When hitting Play on one I get a black screen, and on the other I don't. V 39.