cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 doesn't charge with TYPE-C to Type-C on PC

yansag
Protege

I tried with the official oculus link cable and another cable that i have that is similar but even better quality and it simply refuse to charge...i tried everything i think, motherboard chipset drivers USB config etc. nothing seem to work, and my phone when i plug in the same cables, same Type-C port on my motherboard, get quick charge even...so plenty of power coming through...

PLEASE help i don't want to have to use USB Type-A to TYpe-C cable...when the quest is plugged in the wall charger it works fine...help!!

i can't play with link and get some charge so my battery drain quickly 😞

THanks!

6 REPLIES 6

yansag
Protege

TO BE MORE SPECIFIC: The orange light on the headset DOES turn on, and within the VR it says it's charging...but it's not the battery is draining even if the headset it turned off...or on...it doesnt matter it NEVER charge, see here Quest 2 is plugged in the USB Type C port and getting 0mA of charge:

yansag_0-1655142785021.png

BUT if i plug it in a TYPE C to TYPE A Cable then it works...but i want to use my thin expensive Type C cable with it!!!

Hey there friend! We see you're having issues with charging your device. We know how frustrating that can be and we are here to help!

Wow! You have really done a lot of troubleshooting already. We appreciate the effort you put into getting to the root of the issue. 

Since you have done so much already, we recommend that you reach out to Meta Store Support via this link. Please include a copy of your logs with description of your issue. Instructions on how to send us your logs are linked here.

Let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hi there!

I would like to know if it's even possible? or if oculus disabled the feature?

is ANYBODY else able to charge the headset with their PC using Type C to Type C connection?

I'M reading conflicting information online and i'd like to know if it's even still supported?

I have this same issue and it goes back to over a year ago - you can see these posts as far back as beginning of 2021 when v26 updated was dropped. People report not being able to charge their Quest 2 with link cable connected to PC (type c to type c) BUT they WERE able to charge BEFORE updated v26, so this is 100% software issue that update v26 brought but Oculus/Meta has still not fixed it.

Hey there! We would love to help you with this charging issue! We recommend that you reach out to Meta Store Support via this link. Please include a copy of your logs with description of your issue. Instructions on how to send us your logs are linked here.

Let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Just here to agree with you. I was able to charge BEFORE and now cannot. I thought it was my Link cable, so I went through a complicated RMA with Oculus Support to get that exchanged. New Link cable and same issue.