cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 suddenly requesting unlock pattern I have never created or seen before

ChrisEclat
Honored Guest

I haven't used my quest for about 10 days, and when I turn it on it needs an unlock pattern

I have never created an unlock pattern.

The only way to change or disable it is by knowing the unlock pattern.   Unless I want to do a factory reset and wipe two years of gaming.

Hopeless.  I quit.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there! We see you both are having issues with not being able to get into your headsets because of an unlock pattern. There are steps you can take to remove it on the mobile app using your PIN. Please try the following steps:

1. Open the Oculus app and tap Devices.
2. Select your headset then swipe down to Headset Settings.
3. Tap Unlock Pattern then tap Remove Unlock Pattern.
4. Enter your PIN and tap Submit.

If these steps do not work for you, the last resort is to perform a factory reset. We understand that this is not the most ideal solution; however if nothing else works for you this is the best option to get you back into your headset.

Please note that with the Cloud Backup feature, apps that have been developed to have this feature enabled should have your progress and data saved. You can see which of your apps are supported by Cloud Backup, as well as the last backup time and size by following the steps in the hyperlink provided.

We hope you find this information useful, and you're able to get back in the game as soon as possible.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

46 REPLIES 46

shaneishungry
Honored Guest

im having the same issues. Did you find a resolution?

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there! We see you both are having issues with not being able to get into your headsets because of an unlock pattern. There are steps you can take to remove it on the mobile app using your PIN. Please try the following steps:

1. Open the Oculus app and tap Devices.
2. Select your headset then swipe down to Headset Settings.
3. Tap Unlock Pattern then tap Remove Unlock Pattern.
4. Enter your PIN and tap Submit.

If these steps do not work for you, the last resort is to perform a factory reset. We understand that this is not the most ideal solution; however if nothing else works for you this is the best option to get you back into your headset.

Please note that with the Cloud Backup feature, apps that have been developed to have this feature enabled should have your progress and data saved. You can see which of your apps are supported by Cloud Backup, as well as the last backup time and size by following the steps in the hyperlink provided.

We hope you find this information useful, and you're able to get back in the game as soon as possible.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

dear oculus support community manager

this "solution" does not work, and if you check in the community chatrooms you would know this-

the option got reset requires that your oculus its seen, but isn't until unlocked- so the app doesn't find it, 

or you have to put in the pattern that you have forgotten to unlock it !

at the moment there are a few users who cannot access their oculus because of this issue- can this please be addressed very quickly

Exactly same problem, never set a unlock pattern but yeah stupid things asking for one now, Facebook is destroying its own product and upsetting its customers. 

So I can only unlock my quest if I factory reset it,I tried connecting to it on my oculus app but just comes up with exactly same screen that appears on my quest, asking for unlock code.

Hey there! We would love to be a helping hand regarding the issues you are experiencing with your unlock pattern. Please direct message us so that we can further assist you!

You also have the option to reach out to us by chat or email, at our Meta Quest support page for help: https://metaque.st/Support

Resettled the oculus and it allowed me to access everything again- was apprehensive as a few users mentioned the lock out still remained- ( had to sign out of app btw) 

When back - set up as new headset-This then connected to app and showed the elusive” reset pattern” button  
seems if the oculus is locked , it won’t allow to connect, so won’t allow the resetting as mentioned - brilliant programming

Didn’t set a pattern this time  BUT first time when asked to save a password- again pattern came up-( so unavoidable) 
Now headset is asking again for pattern on startup- wtf!!
Made a note this time of the pattern!!! 

GameKnight5316
Honored Guest

@ChrisEclat wrote:

I haven't used my quest for about 10 days, and when I turn it on it needs an unlock pattern

I have never created an unlock pattern.

The only way to change or disable it is by knowing the unlock pattern.   Unless I want to do a factory reset and wipe two years of gaming.

Hopeless.  I quit.

I am having the exact same problem plus my headset won't connect to the app as well.

Same problem. Here I am searching months later and you still haven't presented a viable solution. I NEVER created a pattern and my Oculus NEVER requested one. I set it down for a couple weeks and now it wants a pattern I DIDN'T create. Your "solution" doesn't work because I have to put in the pattern I DIDN'T create in order to remove the patternI DIDN'T create. I am extremely irritated by this huge waste of time and inability to use the product I purchased. So now I have to factory reset my device so I can, what, potentially have this unsolvable problem happen again? Why is this happening and what is an actual solution?