cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quill/Medium won't launch!

Ludoscape
Honored Guest
I'm having trouble getting a few titles to run on my Oculus setup. Medium will start but immediately give me an error that says Medium has crashed, Quill will not even start. These 2 are a big reason why we went with the Rift. Everything else works so it is definitely something on the software side.  Help would be appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3

cybereality
Grand Champion
First, make sure that Rift and all displays (monitors/TVs/etc.) are connected to the primary dedicated GPU (i.e. Nvidia or AMD high-powered card). Nothing can be connected to secondary GPUs or the integrated motherboard video. If you are on a laptop, try to force the dedicated GPU (for example selecting to default to "Nvidia High-Powered GPU" in Nvidia 3D settings).

Make sure you turn off or disable any GPU monitor/overlay apps like MSI Afterburner, EVGA Precision, RivaTuner, or apps that modify the screen like F.lux or any screen-sharing/remote desktop type of applications. 
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

CyborgAntVR
Honored Guest
How and where do we go to make those adjustments? I'm a Mac guy. Thanks in advance!

CyborgAnt
Honored Guest
Same person as above, but my account has been updated. Still the same problem.