cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved Issue - App Sharing Not Able to Play Simultaneously

Tyler_Beck
Explorer

I keep getting error messages that I can’t play the same game on different oculus’s at once even though I am admin in both and it’s still not letting me. It worked 2 weeks ago but has no suddenly stopped working. I’m not going to be buying the game again on that device. I hope someone can contact me and tel me how to fix this app sharing issues because right now I can’t play with my family. 

648 REPLIES 648

@iMight404 Oculus may not see this as an immediate pressing issue but for us who have multiple devices it is an immediate issue.  My kids don't like to play separate, they like to play together.  And as you know or read, nothing works with multiple devices.  It doesn't matter if they were shared apps, free apps, or purchased on two devices, nothing works.  This makes our headsets pretty much useless until Oculus gets this fixed.  Are we looking at a couple days, weeks, or months.  This is very frustrating as my kids have a gift they can't use at the present time because Oculus doesn't deem it important enough to fix.  All hands should be on deck!!!!

tonga
Protege

@iMight404 Thanks iMighty, that's the best answer so far! There are so many copy&paste replies we all received from the support that I got desperate already.

This needs to fixed ASAP. Many of us bought a second headset because of App Sharing, so if this isn't fixed soon, I foresee a class action lawsuit arising.

Thank you for keeping us updated. You've been awesome.  

Beeman_Dev
Protege

32 Pages, 3 weeks and no fix. I just watched a youtube video showing v39 with a manual update, but that for some users it has totally wiped their entire library and ability to play any games! I then spent an hour googling to see if there are any specific sites that can be blocked to prevent future updates (until I know what they do) to no avail. Does anyone know if there are any software or router methods that still work to disable automatic updates? I can obviously block headsets from all internet access via router (which I've done temporarily), but then no online gaming at all!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srpw0TiJIxI

ok, how bout rather than saying "appreciating our patience", show us you truly care by just dropping any code line made to prevent multiple instances of a game, playing on one accout, and delete it. or allow us the ability to roll back drivers. in the very least, i want to see an option to opt out of auto updates in the future. until we see these types of actions, we can only assume the "We appreciate your patience" is a LYE.

This is a reasonable response. Just some feedback:

A response like this should have been a day 1 response to address the concern. Simply say this is not intended and it will go back. Because you are saying this, but remember, the oculus support team is saying the opposite. Collectively, there are well over 100 + comments on 7 sub reddits, 32 + pages on this forum alone. An official response from oculus and a fix fix was seen with the login issue within 24 hours or so. This is 2 weeks and treated much more poorly and it took so many tagging, messaging, FTC complaints to just get a reasonably reassuring message such as yours. 

RF404
Expert Protege

I'm sure it's a lot more than deleting a line of code. Sometimes the thing that breaks a feature is far away from the actual feature. Simply fixing the one thing can break 10 other things. It sucks but it is what it is. I've managed to keep the impact at a minimum by disabling app sharing and using one account for things like Walkabout Mini golf or Eleven Table Tennis. If I'm using something like Venues with my daughter I have her log in under her account. It seems like this isn't a change in policy and will be fixed eventually. Have a great weekend.  

test

@wlombardi wrote:

Today the kids both played Gorilla Tag on separate headsets and the pop-up message did not appear!  Not sure if there was an update but they both said it was working okay.  So who knows, anyone to try and report back?

You must have turned app sharing off for that to work. I just re-tested Gorilla tag on two headsets and with app sharing off, no message, but with it back on then pop up returned.