cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck on Download Queued for Apps on Quest

Predhelt
Explorer
Ever since an update for Beat Saber earlier today, I have not been able to install any apps on my Quest using the device or my connected phone because I am given the message "Download Queued..." forever when I select an uninstalled app to install.  I noticed this when some of the songs in Beat Saber would not load in so I uninstalled the app and attempted to reinstall but ran into this issue and noticed none of the apps could avoid the queue.  There are no apps in my download queue so I am not sure what is holding up the queue.  I have tried restarting the device by holding the power button and also by holding the power and volume buttons but neither methods have worked.  I am not sure how to prevent this issue, are there any solutions for perhaps clearing the download queue entirely without doing a factory reset?
30 REPLIES 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm gonna say 40hrs and still haven't updated or downloaded anything yet...still sitting in queue.

Predhelt
Explorer
Best bet if you want to get past this right now is to do a factory reset on your device.  Only way I know that fixes the problem.

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
We’re aware of an issue on Quest affecting download queues for some people, and we’re actively working on a fix. We’ll share more as soon as we can. Apologies and thanks for your patience.

VRBiker
Explorer
I have the same problem since yesterday.  I am hesitant to buy new apps until a fix is published because I fear that they will not be able to install. 

Sun-Knight-Sola
Protege
It has been almost 48 hours on my end with this same problem.

No word from Oculus at all except u/OculusSupport saying on Reddit that they're aware. Outside of that, radio silence via support ticket, radio silience on twitter, and I've yet to see any acknowledgement here. So WTF? 

erikflowers
Honored Guest
Adding my voice, same issue, and to add to the pain, at first I had 2 apps stuck, then 4 more decided to auto-update, and now 6 apps are all stuck in "download queued", including 2 brand new purchases. 

mwskains
Honored Guest
Yeah it won't let me update VRChat

Menithal
Honored Guest
Had the same issue, just ended up factory reseting it, after which it worked again. This better not happen again.

Sun-Knight-Sola
Protege
Oculus support finally replied to my ticket... not really helpful unfortunately:

Thanks for letting us know what is happening with your downloads. I can definitely look into this issue for you.

We are currently aware of an issue with the Quest affecting download queues for some users.

We are actively working on a fix for the issue, and we will share more information as soon as we have an update.

We definitely want to get you back into VR with your Quest, and we appreciate your continued patience and understanding on this issue.

Best Regards,

Ernest
Oculus Support

nalex66
MVP
MVP

It has been almost 48 hours on my end with this same problem.

No word from Oculus at all except u/OculusSupport saying on Reddit that they're aware. Outside of that, radio silence via support ticket, radio silience on twitter, and I've yet to see any acknowledgement here. So WTF? 

Literally two posts above yours, an Oculus staff member acknowledged the issue and said they're actively working on a fix. The recent Quest software update has seemingly solved the issue for some people. Check your software version either in the headset or the phone app (new version is build number 256550.6170.0) to see if you've received the update. It happens with no notification while the headset is in standby mode, so if you don't have it yet, try leaving your headset in standby for a while and it should update.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo