cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck on Meta symbol.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Our oculus has been stuck on the spinning Meta logo for about two weeks now. We have looked up youtube videos, tried the soft reset, logged in to meta account online, and made sure it was charged. It was stuck on red, then stuck on orange 'while charging', and now it is stuck on white and the meta symbol is still stuck spinning. Where should I go from here? @

55 REPLIES 55

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Doomed.2022, thanks for being proactive and trying out some things. We understand this can be frustrating as it stops anything from happening. Let's try a factory reset. Here are the steps:

1. Turn off your headset.
  2. Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  3. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.
  4. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

Keep us updated on your progress!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wiIl follow up. Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If I do the factory reset will I lose all my games again?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Should we run any updates?

Anonymous
Not applicable

We logged into the app on our phone and dont see any of our games. We've tried to create a meta cloud account and don't see any of our games either.

Hey @Anonymous, when performing a Factory Reset it will remove your games from the headset. However, if you have not done so yet you can active the Cloud Backup system beforehand to save your data.

Please do the following steps to check if your Cloud Backup is on:

• Put on your headset, then hover over the clock on the left side of the universal menu. When Quick Settings appears, select it to open the Quick Settings panel.

• Select Settings

• Select System, then select Backup.

• Select the toggle next to Cloud Backup to turn Cloud Backup on or off.

You can also click here to see the steps and once you have done this you can freely perform the Factory Reset. Please PM us know if you have any further question, we'd be happy to answer them!

Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much! Going to try that and we will let you know!

Hey again! We are just checking to see if you are having any troubles with your device. We look forward to your update and getting you back into VR!

Anonymous
Not applicable

We have been unable to make a cloud account so we can preform the factory reset. Whenever we try to create the username Doomed.2022 it says it is an invalid format. How do we go about getting the Meta cloud set up ?