cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VR Air Bridge will not connect to the Occulus software

WaddleDoo
Explorer

This was working for a few weeks but now the Headset could not see the VR network. The Air Bridge's blue LED is off, and I tried to re configure it in the app (I have had to do that in the past because this POS keeps just disconnecting and then not reconnecting until I re-set it up) but this time I cannot even do that.

I get "Something went wrong. Please unplug and replug your VR Air Bridge to retry"

I tried that 3 times, then tried rebooting my computer.. I still just get this error.Screenshot 2022-11-29 095553.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Elytham
Honored Guest

I had the same problem. What fixed it was the following:

Open device manager, right click on "D-Link DWA-F18 VR Air bridge" and hit uninstall device. Reseat your Air Link and allow it to install again, then run setup.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with your air bridge, @WaddleDoo. We want to make sure that we take every possible step to solve the current problem.

Additionally, we want to confirm that you've attempted some of the troubleshooting techniques that are detailed on our website here. Having said that, have you recently experienced Wi-Fi issues? The fact that this device is directly linked to the router may be contributing to the device's problems.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

WaddleDoo
Explorer

Thank you for your reply.

I have the VR Air Bridge plugged into the cradle it was shipped with using the USB cable it was shipped with plugged into a USB 3 port on my computer.

No notifications or banners appear when I open the software. How can I know what version I am using? I assume it must be at least v44 since this worked last week, and the week before, and the week before (Each time after hours of troubleshooting)

I have tried factory resetting the Dlink.

I have rebooted the PC and headset multiple times.

I used a wired connection from my router to my PC. I am not sure what difference my wifi would make but no, my phone, and for that matter my Meta Quest 2 headset have not had any trouble connecting to the Wifi.

Thank you for your reply.

I have the VR Air Bridge plugged into the cradle it was shipped with using the USB cable it was shipped with plugged into a USB 3 port on my computer.

No notifications or banners appear when I open the software. How can I know what version I am using? I assume it must be at least v44 since this worked last week, and the week before, and the week before (Each time after hours of troubleshooting)

I have tried factory resetting the Dlink.

I have rebooted the PC and headset multiple times.

I used a wired connection from my router to my PC. I am not sure what difference my wifi would make but no, my phone, and for that matter my Meta Quest 2 headset have not had any trouble connecting to the Wifi.

Hey @WaddleDoo, giving that this issue you're experiencing seems to be a bit more technical, we'd need to gather logs to better assist you. You can use these steps to gather your logs. Could you please submit a ticket using our official support channel so we can further assist you? You can do so by going here. Speak to you soon, cheers!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Elytham
Honored Guest

I had the same problem. What fixed it was the following:

Open device manager, right click on "D-Link DWA-F18 VR Air bridge" and hit uninstall device. Reseat your Air Link and allow it to install again, then run setup.

Thanks this worked. I have to add it to my notes on how to keep this headset connecting and lag free.

Elytham provided steps that worked to solve this specific issue but the fact that I have had issues every week, from being unable to connect to experiencing lost of consistent lag, or lag spikes.. I'm about fed up with this product. If Meta really wants to lead the VR space they need to make their hardware work consistently. I don't have time to fix this every other time my wife or kids want to play a game, and they are not going to be able to solve these issues for themselves.