cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VRChat always start in desktop (oculus app / rift s)

TheKiller158
Explorer

so for some reason VRChat only start in desktop mod VRChat works but no vr. in the headset you see the loading screen I tried:
-uninstall and reinstall VRChat  (manually and the uninstall in the Oculus app)
-uninstall and reinstall the Oculus app (manually / uninstaller and control panel)
-tried to uninstall all VRChat and Oculus temporary file 
-full virus verification and suppression (non virus was fonde)
-tried my oculus rift s on my brother pc non problem VRChat start in vr
-tried in safe mode but the oculus app can't connect to the server (yes I used safe mode with internet)

to clarify I played VRChat before it started. I do have a low performance pc but I'm 99% sure it not part of the problem but I unfortunately I can't play it on steam, Oculus / SteamVR and VRChat 100% my cpu and lag the tracking. if you now the problem or a work around it would really help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TheKiller158
Explorer

so good news. for me the new VRChat and Oculus update fixed the bug so if you had the same bug it's probably fixed for you as well, if the bug is still happening I can't help. thank you to everyone for the help and I hope the bug is fixed for everyone.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there! We see you're having trouble with your VRChat and we're here to help!

Were you using VRChat on Steam or the Oculus App?

Have you updated the VRChat app via the Oculus app?

How long have you been experiencing this issue?

Have you also tried clearing cache?

• Go to Settings then click on Apps
  • Navigate to your installed applications
  • Click the Oculus app in the list
  • Go to Storage
  • Click 'Clear App Cache'

If this doesn't work, please reach out to our support team! https://metaque.st/Support

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

ok I tried and it did not help so I contacted Oculus Support thanks for your help

CxPeezy
Honored Guest

I've been having the same problem, someone on reddit said "the Oculus build of vrchat is currently broken across the board for a notable amount of people. only options are Use SteamVR or wait for a fix, i suppose"

i don't no VRChat works on me brother pc like I said but did anyone tired to report the bug to VRchat support team ?

Kyuss_462
Honored Guest

Hello, i have the exact same problem on my Rift S. My VRChat doesn't want to start in VRmode no matter what i do on Oculus. I have no problems with other games from the Oculus Store except VRChat.
It always starts in desktop mode for some reason.
Did you find any fixes or had any answer from support ?

Oculus support didn't find a problem in the oculus app and I'm still waiting on VRChat support team (ticket started the 16 march)  

TheKiller158
Explorer

so good news. for me the new VRChat and Oculus update fixed the bug so if you had the same bug it's probably fixed for you as well, if the bug is still happening I can't help. thank you to everyone for the help and I hope the bug is fixed for everyone.

Kyuss_462
Honored Guest

It has been fixed for me too, thanks for the update and your reponses !