cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to DreamDeck and Introduction to VR???

BrockKane
Expert Protege
These 2 Oculus demos had more content. DreamDeck you could pick scenes you wanted to view or view all 10. Now's there's only 4 scenes that start without a menu to select which ones you want to view. Same with Introduction to VR. Less content, demo is made shorter for some reason.
I love showing people that have never experienced VR before to enjoy these demos. But now, not nearly as enjoyable with less demos to share.
4 REPLIES 4

BrockKane
Expert Protege
Someone has to have an answer for this. Has Zuckerberg downgraded our VR experience by abbreviating an app that was a full immersive experience, to a short piece of what it once was? What's the point of this? I was showing some family members VR on Thanksgiving and only a portion of what it once was, could be displayed! This is crap of Oculus to do this!

BrockKane
Expert Protege
SOLVED!  Accidentally......
So, I accidentally found out how to do this. If you're having the same issue. Access DreamDeck from the store to start it. The downloaded version to your PC is the edited shorter version. Don't know why they did this. But you can access the full version along with the menu options, from the Oculus Store (Use Search). If you start the app from the store. Even though it will show "Installed". You will still have to access it this way to get the full version. It's BS, I know. Especially if you want to use your Oculus offline. You will then not be able to access the full version, obviously! I'm sure this goes for the "Introduction to Virtual Reality" app as well. Although, I have not tried it yet.

ohgrant
Superstar
 Well thanks, I didn't know the included version had more, I've only seen the included ones all this time. Still the best VR dino and alien IMO. downloading full version now...
Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 32gb ddr 4 3200, 2080ti. HP Reverb G2, Index controllers, Quest 1 and 2x Quest 2. 65" 3DTV HD3D DLP projector.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
I did notice that the Revived version had limited content, interesting that it will work through Oculus Home/Store.

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"