cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White horizontal stripe across screen while using link

Panzer_mk2
Honored Guest
Headset seems to work fine stand-alone.  I use the headset with IRacing, and often (not always) get a translucent horizontal stripe across the screen after about 15 minutes or so.  It doesn't feel like the headset is overheating.  This doesn't show up on the screen mirror on PC, or if I "mirror" with the debug tool.  Is this likely a failing display or is there somewhere else I should look?
1,110 REPLIES 1,110

tanubon
Heroic Explorer

I got PC app version 33.0.0.22.194 now...

Not solved... 😩

arkadiusz.dukowicz
Honored Guest

I tried absolutely everything.

• all USB port
  • Couple of cables
  • Many possible settings in OTT debug tools.
  • Factory reset Quest 2 headset
  • Reinstalling system
  • Under clocking 30 series nvidia cards
  • Re-installing oculus home
  • running on 457.30 nvidia driver
  • Changing bit rate to fixed number then back to default

Nothing helps.
It’s Very frustrating. WHY! Some have it and some don’t.
Cant understand.

FYI

If you did not buy your game from the Oculus Experiences Store you are OUT OF LUCK for Facebook to help. According to them, It is up to the developer to fix the issue not Facebook.  Here is a clip of the support response:

I can appreciate your concern and want to expand your experiences in VR. However, Resident Evil Village and several of those games mentioned in Oculus Forum thread you kindly provided are not available on the Oculus Experiences Store, which means they have not been tested to work with our headsets and are not guaranteed to be optimized.

I know that this is not the news you want to hear, but if you're experiencing an issue with a SteamVR game, please reach out to their support team and they may be able to help you either reach the developer or get the game running smoothly. "

Sp0uny
Adventurer

Except that the problem is absolutely not related to other developers, and that it concerns Facebook and ONLY Facebook.
The problem is linked to compression/decompression issue which is managed by Oculus Link software, to pass the signal between the PC and the Quest 2, and unless I am mistaken Oculus Link is a software developed by Facebook.

This is THEIR problem, not that of other developers.

Especially when the whiteband also happens in Oculus PC menu, without even starting SteamVR.

Anonymous
Not applicable

in Oculus Debug Tool, set Encode Resolution Width (ERW) to 3664. If you get this white band again, decrease it a little bit (3600, for example). I had this problem in Dirt Rally and DR 2.0. With ERW 3920 - the problem exists, with 3900 not anymore. Find your settings! It takes not much time.

arkadiusz.dukowicz
Honored Guest

Thank you but changing resolution not works for me. No changes at all. I trued many possible setting.

They only setting make a difference is FOV. When I set to 0.9 0.9 lini is thinner. More bottom.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have this same issue and it starts while in Oculus Home before I load ANY game. This IS an oculus issue!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have this issue on my 1070 and on my 3060ti.

jereme.powers
Explorer

Issues is still happening on Version 32 of the headset and Oculus App Version 33.0.0.22.194 (33.0.0.22.194).

I have (since my last post) also tried a new cable with the same results. At this point I have tried everything possible and have determined like many of you this has to be an Oculus Link issue.   

I was finally able to capture a screenshot of the white box on the bottom of the screen on Demeo running from the Oculus App. 

WhiteBox_Oculus.jpg

have been updating Oculus support with everything I have tried. I suggest everyone do this. 

I have also brought this issue up on some of the bigger "Oculus Quest / VR" YouTube channels just to have my comments removed. I Also suggest everyone start trying to get the word out on this issues so Oculus has to acknowledge it.