cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your computer doesn't meet the updated minimum specifications...

iMikez
Honored Guest

...which can lead to a poor experience in VR.

I'm so confused as to why I'm seeing this message. Is my PC so underpowered that I can't enjoy Air Link? I thought I got a decent laptop, but seems I was wrong.

I'm a massive noob, so please forgive me if my knowledge of specs and Oculus is limited. If you have any questions, I'll try my best the answer. I just need someone's help understand where my pc is lacking.

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10870H CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.21 GHz

Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 GPU 8G
Installed RAM 32.0 GB (31.9 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

33 REPLIES 33

@Sprincemainly   Sorry but if you want the best PCVR from your Q2 ( or Q1) then you’ll benefit from nvidia rtx2000/3000 series gpu’s much faster encoders.  Maybe not as big a deal with dedicated PCVR headsets like the Rift S that use DisplayPort.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

I'm actually having the same issue with the quest 2 link when launching vr games from steam.. does the link cable have to be plugged into a gpu or just onboard type C 3.0

@Sprincemainly  Shouldn’t make any difference imho:  I’m mainly using Air Link with my Q2/rtx3090.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

I have a i9 12th gen and GPU RTX 3070ti and it isn't working well either. It was working with a i7 and GPU 1060 laptop bought 4 years ago. But my new laptop is having so many glitches I can't even run anything properly. (I use Oculus + StemaVR + Premiere Pro for editing VR videos)

You have probably solved this but I just got a Dell G15 with a 3070Ti and had issues getting my VR to work. I had to disable the onboard graphics in the BIOS to eventually get it to stop trying to automatically switch between the 3070 and the on-board graphics adapter. 

KalistosYT
Honored Guest

I have a 13th gen i9 13900k, rtx 4090 32 GB corsair DDR 5 5600mhz bla bla..had the same issue. You need to go to the NVidia Control panel by the global 3d settings and down the list at the bottom you have the vr part. Thats where the issue lies once changed the oculus app realised the monster it was installed on and never complained again.

someperson124
Honored Guest

Can you elaborate more on this, please? Do you mean NVidia Controle Panel > Manage 3D Setting > Global Settings > Virtual Reality - Variable Rate Super Sample change to Always On? or change Virtual Reality pre-rendered frame?

I sadly now know what you mean.

I upgraded my GPU from an RTX2060 to a RTX3060ti. The 2060, no such message about minimum specifications. 

And all because they haven't updated the list of GPU's

SteamVR of course,  no such issues.  It knows my GPU and rather loves it.

Come on Meta/Oculus sort it out.

It's 2023 and seemingly support for RXT3060ti and 3070 still not added.