cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meta Quest Pro has a yellowish / brown haze in top right corner of display

Turtlepower84
Explorer

This is in addition to the dimming we see all around the edges, which doesn't bother me to much, but this brown haze is really distracting - especially in dark settings. It's also present in the top left, but no where near as noticeable. I'm sure there's a software fix coming, just wondering if anyone else has seen this or it's just me...https://photos.app.goo.gl/CffybK7rqnb5zBvRA 

119 REPLIES 119

Oops, my bad, You gave kudos to the non-answer. In addition to all the comments about “kiddie posts” on Reddit. Also, funny how you knew I was talking about you: because you were the one discouraging all of this, despite the photographic evidence and all the accounts. So maybe get your facts straight, mate. You’re not helping any. Please let those of us who are trying to get a resolution to this do so. Your input isn’t helping.

@Slade1973I kudo’d it because I thought it contained some useful information. If you ever post something useful on this user forum I’ll kudos that as well mate, lol!

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

My apologies, @TomCgcmfc , I jumped to conclusions. Sorry about that. I think sometimes I should slow down a bit and not just react.

czm55
Explorer

At this point it seems like pretty much everyone has it to a degree. Some people probably notice it way more and others might only play games that don't have a lot of dark scenes. Most of my sim games I never notice, others like walkabout at night or half life I see it all the time.

We know that the top right eye is the worst due to how the screen are rotated and is mostly the same for everyone from all the reports I've read.

We know that the only game to currently support local dimming (RM2 Standalone) looks amazing in full black space scenes with little to no haze at all. I'm confident this can be mitigated or corrected via software updates, hopefully at the system level so devs are not the ones required to implement it in each app.

Also some people have reported a contrast slider that helps a little, I don't have that update yet or no access to that menu... but like the q2 I'm sure a lot of stuff will be upgraded and unlocked as time goes on.

You can tell how rushed it was with things like the wifi DFS bugs in the production build that were not able to be fixed in time, and the local dimming in experimental settings that currently doesn't do anything.

I bought a quest pro on Tuesday, and everything was cool for the most part, but Wednesday night I tried playing Saints and Sinners and I thought I had fogged up the right lens, but there was a glow from the upper right of my vision, then I noticed the bottom left to a lesser degree, then I noticed it was almost the whole war around the outsides of my vision. I also tried Beatsaber, RE4, Stride, Rec Room. They all have it in dark situations or when looking at dark images.

I started researching on the internet and there are a few posts at launch but radio silence after, is FB shutting down talk about this? It's weird that it's not talked about more, this is a glaring issue on a "premium" device. all units have it to various degrees, apparently. Is there any fix to this? just return it and hopefully get a good one?

Unfortunately my box was damaged so I threw it away.

Hey @Sovatsem we saw your message about having an issue with your lens which is very concerning to hear. We wanted to work with you to get things worked out. What have you already tried to troubleshoot this problem? Have you tried cleaning the lens with a non-abrasive cloth? Or have you tried to power cycle the headset? What about a factory reset? Let us know so we can help figure out what to do next!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hey we wanted to reach back out and check if you'd seen our message or if you needed any further assistance from us. Just let us know what is going on and we'll be happy to help!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I have tried factory reset, power cycling, different environments, different games, changing my fit, etc. it's always there on the right side, fogging up my vision. if I use it for 10-15 minutes it'll definitely cause  headache.

Here at Meta Quest, we take health and safety seriously. We want to thank you for reaching out and letting us know what troubleshooting steps you have tried. This is very concerning for us, and we would like to help you get this taken care of. For us to best assist you, please select our link to contact us and get in touch with an agent: https://metaque.st/Support.

I opened a support ticket about this back in October 2022 and have yet to receive any resolution. They’ve offered to send me a replacement, but without knowing what the problem is, I worried I’d just get another unit with the same problem (as others have). I really like the Quest Pro, but in dark games or apps this problem is very pronounced. And Meta’s support has been beyond awful. My ticket has been responded to by multiple different support reps, most of which ask the same (already answered) questions over again as if the ticket is brand new. This is the last Meta product I’ll ever purchase.