cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

v23 ptc Pinned oculus dash windows is not working anymore in games.

Mazda_Ron
Expert Protege
Hi Guys, the new ptc has fixed the issue with the pinned windows correctly displaying when you select them, however I have found a pretty annoying and feature breaking issue in that anything that will not allow the window you have pinned to be ontop causes no realtime updates into your pinned window, this video shows the problem.

https://youtu.be/zqRBItGKD-Q

I found this issue by having my twitch stream pop out chat window (google chrome window) in my headset while racing in project cars 2, unknown to me the window wasn't being updated in the headset while in game, its never had problems before, unfortunately that game does not allow me to have anything 'ontop' of the game so the pinned window is being unselected and thus, causing no updates.

please devs, look into this, its only in V23 PTC

its no longer useable for any streamers on those vr games that do not support focus loss, of which there are several

I've gone back to v21 and although I am getting the same grey screen bug that I always used to and that v23 has indeed fixed, I do not have this issue shown in my video that v23ptc has introduced.
2 REPLIES 2

Tuuvas
Explorer
Just popping in to report that I am seeing a similar issue.  It's not that the pinned window isn't updating, but instead fades away entirely once I go back into a game.  I am currently on Oculus App Version 23.0.0.43.517.

I'd post a link to a demonstration of the issue, but apparently I can't post links yet.

Mazda_Ron
Expert Protege

Tuuvas said:

Just popping in to report that I am seeing a similar issue.  It's not that the pinned window isn't updating, but instead fades away entirely once I go back into a game.  I am currently on Oculus App Version 23.0.0.43.517.

I'd post a link to a demonstration of the issue, but apparently I can't post links yet.

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/jmqttr/a_while_back_i_used_to_be_able_to_pin_windows_and/