cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

v42 now random crashes / VR ripping

FlightSimVR
Honored Guest

I've not used my PC or VR few a couple of weeks. This morning I started the PC up and let it update everything: Windows Update, Nvida Drivers, Stream, MS Flight Sim (which for once didn't take forever!).

I started Steam, MS Flight Sim and in my Quest 2 connected to the Link... I noticed the new AirLink option so a bit of googling and understood my Oculus app and firmware is now v42.

Got into Flight Sim and then randomly got screen ripping across half of the VR screen.  Taking my headset off I could see the Flight Sim in running fine, it was the headset.  Cue reboots of PC and headset... back into Flight Sim and the same thing happened again.  Rebooted just the headset, reconnected via Link and Flight Sim was still flying where I had left it, so the problem with the screen ripping is on the headset, not the Flight Sim!

Cue 4th reboot of the headset and the screen rip happened before I went into Flight Sim.

This has only started since the update to v42 this morning.  I believe that downgrading is not a simple or supported option, so if there any options or ideas how to fix this please?

12 REPLIES 12

After the reboot the problem is actually worse...
I started the app and connected to Link in the headset, just as the link home screen opened in the headset, the screen rip started.
The app is showing general device problem again. 

ToxicGold916
Honored Guest

happening to me too

Since they have gotten me to try different Link cables with mixed results but still not right.  Also the AirLink, which didn't screen rip but the performance was not acceptable for MS Flight Sim use.

The last response was...

"Thank you for clarifying the matter, it helped bring clarity to the matter.  I took the liberty of researching to better understand your issue, and two things have come to my attention: 

• the issue started after the new update to v42; 
  • the app you are playing it's not present in our store. 

While our device is compatible with other platforms that provide apps, we do not recommend the use of it in this manners. Nevertheless, when there's an update, it takes a while for the software update to be meet with third party platforms.  This is causing the screen rip that you are seeing. Kindly ask you to please understand that this is the extent of the tools I have regarding this matter. "

This is utter BS and not at all acceptable.  Most of the people I know only bought a VR headset to use with Flight Sim and to say Microsoft are not compatible, such rubbish.

Their software update has broken the headset and they need to solve it.