cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building transparent shapes

Zbornox
Retired Support

Does anyone know how to make shapes transparent? For example when wanting to create realistic glasses and bottles.

5 REPLIES 5

Shards632
Protege

Sadly, no general purpose transparency at the moment. Current hack is to use transparent text via "<alpha=0.50>I" to make a 50% transparent capital i, and then stretch it to size. Can also use periods for round things.  This is how people make windows. Flat only, obvz.

burnbuns
Explorer

You could build the bottles or glasses out of the alpha text mentioned by Shards. Not the most solid looking, but transparent nonetheless. 

Need example new to script writing . Need a transparent period

Just copy what shards posted in the quotes and swap the upper case i with a period. This should be the display text in a text object. Increase or decrease the size of the text object to desired scale after text has been entered

Note that there is now a 'better' way to make transparent rectangular objects. 

<mark=#rrggbbaa>TAB

where rr, gg, bb, and aa are the hex color values of red, green, blue, and alpha, respectively, from 00-ff, and TAB is the literal tab character on the keyboard. The colors seem a little different than with the <alpha> method, but the crisp edges of the text gizmo bounding box make it much easier to work with for windows.