cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Blaexe
Protege

Currently you can't use Quest in the dark at all. Technically 3DOF tracking should work (just like the Go), so people can watch videos even in a dark environment. Just add a notification like "Tracking error. Would you like to use Quest in 3DOF mode?"

39 Comments
mrsimon34
Explorer
vkor2016
Honored Guest
I will return all 65 units back to store on Sunday because i needed unit to work at night so people can watch YouTube. Junk.
TheDoomGuy
Expert Protege
Confirmed alrdeady. Thanks Carmack. idkfa
EloiStree
Expert Protege
/! PS: While it is implemented. You can use the Oculus in the dark with infrared light in the room /! https://github.com/EloiStree/CodeAndQuestsEveryday/issues/68 When they are well put in the room. You just need 2-6 infrared light with 300ohm resistor and a 9 V batteries You can also just buy a big infrared light if you don't like to mess around with small led. You can find some of my tests on the subject here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b91o9Sp-jlU
digitalflower
Honored Guest
Actually its possible to use the quest in dark. Turn off guardian in developer mode and use an xbox controller. But thats a bugy workaround for a necessary feature.
mattisvan
Explorer
This will hopefully let me use the quest for watching movies on the ship a work. When there's a little movement the headset is completely useless.
cgsouders
Honored Guest
Really don’t like the circle much either in sitting mode, having the guardian pop up all the time is annoying and everyone always complains, the simple sitting experience in much better in the go.
thegunrun
Honored Guest
I would love this for take-offs and landings for when using the Quest on airplanes
maazomaazo
Honored Guest
Would love to watch movies in bed with the Quest using headphones without needing to have lights on.
dvigz
Honored Guest
Taking a flight next week and regrettably will be leaving the Quest at home in favor of the Oculus Go. I use VR to calm nerves when flying and I find the Quest "tracking lost" warning incredibly disrupting and unacceptable when all I want to do is watch Netflix. Developer mode, asking the pilot to illuminate the cabin lights, or bringing an array of infrared flashlights isn't the solution so I'm eagerly awaiting the 3DoF mode.