cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
denny_proft
Explorer
I have an IPD of 67 and am 1,9m tall( i guess this info might play a role). Whenever i use the Quest everything looks too small and this also messes with my depth perception(like the passthrough mode). No matter which IPD setting i use - the World always looks too small. When i then use any other Headset everything looks huge and out of proportion for a few seconds, until it feels right again. Please let us adjust this scaling as a global option. It just doesn't feel right for me 😞
7 Comments
Bummser
Honored Guest
I have they same feeling. Everything feels a bit small not only in the pass-through view.
jmalmsten
Adventurer
At least with passthrough, I've assumed that the feeling of being a giant comes from the cameras being on the corners of the headset so the videostreams it has to work with is that of a giant head. I quickly got used to it and can navigate using passthrough without much problem. In apps I haven't had that problem. Except with some stereoscopic 180 videos... But I think it's more about how they are recorded and I'm not sure the quest would be able to warp things to a smaller ipd in real time
Ravenger
Expert Protege
I'm getting this too - compared to rift the world scale is too small, leading to characters and environments being less impressive or immersive. This is especially noticeable in Vader Immortal where your hands seem smaller compared to the Rift, and Darth Vader is much more imposing in the Rift version as he seems much bigger. It's become more obvious now that Oculus Link is out and we can directly compare how PC VR games look, and games like Project Cars 2 have noticably smaller cockpits and UI on the Quest.
shonist
Explorer
i instantly felt the quest world smaller since 21/5/19 at release and now with LINK i can assure the world scale is off on quest or at least is smaller than rift. i own the cv1 and the quest and side by side you can tell it right away at least on my quest. please let us fix this!!!
Rocker_NB
Honored Guest
Please fix asap because its disturbing to sit in a car or plane as a giant. Maby add an option to adjust bodyheight, or somewhat to compare with in rl, with a slider. Great, ty!
jhuenig
Honored Guest
Same issue is with my friend but the other way around. As she is below average high she has some issues in games where the world is too big. A World Scale option would help here as well.
andrey.lebedenko
Honored Guest
For SteamVR it can be fixed by setting ipdOffset to a small negative value, like -0.0125. I have no idea why they called the option this way, but it works... though it has to be changed in the default settings file (which may be overwritten after update) located in Program Files (x86)SteamsteamappscommonSteamVR esourcessettingsdefault.vrsettings But for non-SteamVR games... there is apparently no solution. And it is bad. So bad that it leads to motion sickness after a while.