cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adm_Ga4
Explorer

Please add an option to transmit mic in BOTH Party and App simultaneously (current functionality is restricted to either one or the other). Please refer to image below for menu example.

This would be identical functionality to playing a PC game with a voice chat program (e.g. Discord) running.

The "echo" from transmitting on both party and app can be addressed by the users muting each other within the app.

This would allow party members to:

a.still talk to each other via party chat during app loading times, other areas/menus of a game etc.

AND

b.still talk to other players in the game to facilitate teamwork etc.

The current implementation of choosing either Party OR App means either:

a. We can talk to other players in the game but will lose chat with party member during game loads, different areas of game etc.

OR

b.We can talk to party members at all times but then alienate or can't communicate with other players in the game.

The original party MIC issues were rectified pre V30 from:

1. Originally APP would override party chat UNLESS Mic permissions were disabled TO

2. Mic transmitted on both Party and APP which was perfect! TO

3. V30 Manage Mic update forced a choice between either PARTY or CHAT.

ManageMicExample.png

4 Comments
mjbeck1990
Honored Guest
This is a great idea & would be so useful! Hope it gets done ✔
danielnightinga
Honored Guest
Mine used to work like this and was so useful for games such as Pavlov Shack. Then it updated and now I have to ignore my team or my friends. This idea would work perfectly!!!
alphM
Honored Guest

This is the one major issue I have with the quest, it's frustrating having to choose not being able to hear my friends, or not being able to talk to the people around me. This is especially annoying in games like echo arena, where it can be both critical that your party members hear you at all times, but equally as critical that your teammates hear you at all times, and it's even more frustrating knowing that this was already a working feature previously. I'd suggest adding the "party and app chat" option, and then giving app developers the ability to disable it, in case it conflicts with their game (I'm almost certain this was already an option app devs had until the new party system was added). Please, with no other real options for voice chat, it would be a very helpful feature.

EastDak0ta
Honored Guest

Yes please!!!